Thread: Searchable Website

Question Searchable Website

Hey yas,

I am contemplating upgrading from 2013 to 2015. I am wondering if 2015 has the ability to make the website searchable with user selected criteria.. ie. I want to make a website of a few hundred product pages, and up front, a page which the user can select from a few criteria (check boxes / drop downs / etc) and get a list result to chose from.

And if 2015 cannot perform this function, is there a good (low price) 3rd party software which is easily implemented to a NOF site?

Thanks in advance
    I'll break anything once...

Not aware of such a function or third party product for NOF.
    I would question using NOF for a few hundred products - yes there are (simple) carts available but it's not really meant for e-commerce.
    Why would you not use a dedicated shopping website, many free/inexpensive one out there.

Thakns for the reply... I did not get an e-mail so I am sorry for my late response..

I may have misused "product" to mean that I am opening a store.. sorry about that...
    If I create a site about flowers.. and I make a single page for each type of flower including their color, season, size, grow location.. etc etc..

I wish to create a search page where the user can select any of the variables.. (color, season, size, grow location.. ) to get a search result list of the pages matching their desired selections.

I am great at making Pages and Forms in NoF but I am not aware if NoF can make this type of search page.. I would really like to make one without using just buying someone's creator or 3rd party data service..

Thanks!!
    I'll break anything once...

There's no inbuilt NOF search as far as I am aware. I came across the following which will probably do the job.
    https://support.jimdo.com/faq/how-to...-your-website/
    and
    http://www.dummies.com/web-design-de...-your-website/

Not tried these so let us know if successful!