Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net Objects no longer loads

Default Net Objects no longer loads-Solved

Found installation file. Thanks

PS: are they no longer in business?
    Last edited by T84a; 12-01-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Ken

For practical purposes with regard to NOF no they are no longer in business

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    For practical purposes with regard to NOF no they are no longer in business
    I certainly wouldn't make that statement. NOF was down for almost 2 days while they added a new page and they still sell the now called NOF 15. I would let NOF make the statement they are no longer in business themselves if that were the case.

Yes they are still trying to squeeze more revenue by trying to sell 2015 but I stand by what I said "For all practical purposes with regard to NOF they are no longer in business". Try getting support from them!!!

What is of value and what isn't is in the eye of the beholder. NOF15 is still great software. If this version is the end of the road it does not diminish the worth of the software.

I recently bought software that hasn't been developed since 2012. It looks like some off shore company bought the rights to it and they still sell it. None of the web site links work, not one of them. But the buy button still works. I bought this software after using the full function trial version because it is the best software for the job I had found after a month looking. I still don't believe it was abandoned by its original creators. So if the software wasn't still available I wouldn't have it even though it would still exist. What a bummer that would be.

Some late buyers may think the same of NOF and are grateful they can still buy it. There is still nothing like it on the market even though it may not be cutting edge at this point. If someone doesn't think so they don't have to buy it. No one is making any body buy anything. Those who don't need hand holding don't need support. I think the wiki is one of the best I have ever seen.

I think some on this site are really unfair to NOF and the software. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but when opinions could hurt business, some businesses start talking to their lawyers to stop the negative comments. NOF owner(s) are probably doing the best they can with what they got to work with at this point.

Give them a break, they gave us good software for a very long time. It's still good software.

And as far as support, this forum is pretty dead. Does that mean anything? I think it means the vast majority of users don't need much support and are still using it. And not every body needs that responsive software. I don't but I have it if I need it. NOF is still the easiest to use if it does what you want it to do.
    Last edited by richs; 12-05-2017 at 01:55 AM.

At the risk of just going on and on about this, no one is denying that NOF was a good product, the problem is that anyone buying it today is been ripped of as there is no official support other than some of the very learned people on this forum. Also as the product is no longer been developed or supported, new trends in website design will not be easy to implement. While this may not matter to someone maintaining a personal website, it is a serious problem for those of us that develop sites for clients.
    There is also the learning curve factor! If you are a first time NOF buyer you have to learn the product which takes time. Then you find out that there is no support and that it cant handle some of the newer techniques now prevalent in web design! You then have to find a new product that has support and caters for new trends with regular updates.
    You just have to follow some of the threads on this forum to see how many of the once loyal NOF users who have been with the product since the early releases have now been forced to find an alternative product!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    At the risk of just going on and on about this, no one is denying that NOF was a good product, the problem is that anyone buying it today is been ripped of as there is no official support other than some of the very learned people on this forum. Also as the product is no longer been developed or supported, new trends in website design will not be easy to implement. While this may not matter to someone maintaining a personal website, it is a serious problem for those of us that develop sites for clients.
    There is also the learning curve factor! If you are a first time NOF buyer you have to learn the product which takes time. Then you find out that there is no support and that it cant handle some of the newer techniques now prevalent in web design! You then have to find a new product that has support and caters for new trends with regular updates.
    You just have to follow some of the threads on this forum to see how many of the once loyal NOF users who have been with the product since the early releases have now been forced to find an alternative product!
    I get what you are saying but I don't think you understand what I am saying. Put simply, let individuals decide if they want to buy a software package. You seem to want to take that choice away and you want to decide what should be available for anybody to spend their money on based on your standards for selling software. Why do you think you should inflict your opinions about the suitability of software on others which would affect the freedom of others to buy what they want?

I think there is an expectation when buying this sort of product that you will get support and that it will be updated periodically. If NOF were to say that anyone purchasing NOF 2015 is getting an end of life product with no support, then I might agree with you.

come on, boys.....

Warren, we are talking about a product here, which is sold for 30 bucks.

speaking strictly for myself, I think that persons, who don't use and won't use a product or even more, advise others against it, could as well stay away from the Help Forum "NetObjects Fusion". same situation in the German forum. Warren, don't take my words personally.

What it costs is immaterial!!! Why should I stay away from the Forum? I have been a loyal user of NOF for several years having used three versions of the product. I still use it to maintain several hundred sites! The original question asked in this thread related to if NOF were still in business. I think it is only fair to warn people that they no longer support the product while still selling it! Basically their customer service sucks!!!!!!!!!!