Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Netobjects a dead platform?

Sounds to me like you need to find a new IT guy that understands web servers. NoF still works as well as it did 2 years ago unless your web strategic needs have changed. There is no other software that manages web sites the way NoF does. And if you know Bootstrap or Foundation, it's not hard to take a NoF web page and make it responsive if you really need to.

Bottom line - you won't find another application that offers site wide management the way NoF does and that also offers automatic responsive output. All the responsive frameworks and the applications that are based on them offer a page by page approach, not a site wide approach. That means you can't change something in a MasterBorder and have it flow through the site automatically. You have to make the same change on every page.

You pays your money; you takes your choice. Easy site management or easy(er) responsive output. You can't have both, not at the moment.

As to whether or not NoF is working on another version will only be revealed when and if they release that other version. The current management has never signalled its intentions ahead of time. However, Team Netobjects is alive and well and developing Koken, their other application. My guess - and I have no knowledge to base this on - is that we will see an integration of Koken and Netobjects at some stage in the future. And that will, once again, be a killer app.

Quote Originally Posted by kustoms View Post
    Thanks, Unfortunately I have 64 URLs with Enom. My IT guy set us up there years ago. I am in a situation that requires me to deal with this my self as we moved to a new state. I am hoping to be able to continue using NOF in the future. What is the status of NOF? Are they still around and creating for the program?
    NetObjects Fusion is a database program that writes html code

Web browsers use html code to display content

It does not matter what server, in what country, run by what host, or on what operating system the html code is served from.

If someone tells you differently they might as well be telling you it is the dead of night at high noon

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Sounds to me like you need to find a new IT guy that understands web servers. NoF still works as well as it did 2 years ago unless your web strategic needs have changed. There is no other software that manages web sites the way NoF does. And if you know Bootstrap or Foundation, it's not hard to take a NoF web page and make it responsive if you really need to.

Bottom line - you won't find another application that offers site wide management the way NoF does and that also offers automatic responsive output. All the responsive frameworks and the applications that are based on them offer a page by page approach, not a site wide approach. That means you can't change something in a MasterBorder and have it flow through the site automatically. You have to make the same change on every page.

You pays your money; you takes your choice. Easy site management or easy(er) responsive output. You can't have both, not at the moment.

As to whether or not NoF is working on another version will only be revealed when and if they release that other version. The current management has never signalled its intentions ahead of time. However, Team Netobjects is alive and well and developing Koken, their other application. My guess - and I have no knowledge to base this on - is that we will see an integration of Koken and Netobjects at some stage in the future. And that will, once again, be a killer app.
    well said, Frank.

Is NOF 2015 the last and final version

Mobile websites are in their infancy.

Most (if not all) are only to the "gee it works" stage (just functional).

Go to some of the websites of some of the big guns in web design who sell tools to developers.

Their sites are mobile friendly yet butt ugly. They are functional though.

I believe that the way people digest digital information needs to grow before things start looking better.

There are people who will always need to be at the "bleeding edge" of technology. Just look at the development of the automobile. The true "believers" bought autos with "steering tillers" All who did were very disappointed once the steering wheel became the standard.

Consider your market.

If you need to reach someone walking down the sidewalk to get them into your business you need something that will "alert" any and all who are within walking distance of your store about your "blue plate special". Then you need an phone "app" not a website. Websites are becoming a thing of the past.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

What is, is. What will be, will be. I choose to work with what is. I don't know if I'll be around long enough for the 'what will be.'