Thread: Ecommerce store with multiple pages/catalogues and one shopping cart

Default Ecommerce store with multiple pages/catalogues and one shopping cart

Hi,
    I am using Fusion 15 to design my own store. I want to have multiple pages with separate catalogues to this store but whereby a customer can buy from one page/catalogue and then buy from another page/catalogue but both sales or more ending up in the same shopping cart. Can this be done with Fusion 15 or does all the products have to be on one page to end up in the same shopping cart?
    Hope someone can reply
    Joe

What shopping cart are you trying to use?

Fusion can do simple product catalogs, but for anything complex, you need to use a catalog system that uses a scripting language, like PHP.

There are standalone systems out there or you could have a custom one created if you can't find something that works for you.

Or the one in Fusion could be sufficient.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

My first preference would be 'Mals-e' my second would be Paypal.

Ask your web host.

They may provide self installed carts/e-commerce products that are simple to integrate within Fusion.

I offer a choice of over 2 dozen one click install option from within the hosting control panel. I am sure your host does something similar
    Last edited by gotFusion; 12-15-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have a number of questions for my gothosting member,
    Q1). Do your carts integrate with Fusion such that, a customer can order from multiple Fusion generated catalogues/pages and have all the ordered products placed together in the same shopping cart?
    Q2). Are these shopping carts free?
    Q3). Do they provide Paypal as a payment mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by joeclarges View Post
    Q1). Do your carts integrate with Fusion such that, a customer can order from multiple Fusion generated catalogues/pages and have all the ordered products placed together in the same shopping cart?
    For any server side e-commerse option, you would create the catalog/cart/payment gateway within the cart software. All have a decent GUI that runs items, inventory, sales, shipping, etc. They are stand alone complete stores using a secure web browser interface to the admin section.

Link to the "store" page using the Fusion "external" link option in a Fusion "custom" menu and entering the absolute reference to it (https://....)

Q2). Are these shopping carts free?
    That depends on the host. Mine are all free to my customers. If your host does not offer them, you can usually do a manual install of the software yourself (if your host allows this).

Q3). Do they provide Paypal as a payment mechanism?
    Paypal is an optional payment gateway on most cart software. There may be exceptions but they are few. I do not know any that exclude paypal

Cart stores (server side) are typically used for stores having more than 20 items. Less than that and you can use Fusion to create a simple srore of 5-10 items. More than that and maintenance (adding/removing) becomes a real time consuming task.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4050
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Many thanks for your replies and support. It looks like I have all the answers I need to make a decision.

If the business is focused on international sales. That is, my online store will be operating in different countries. What is the best payment provider to choose?

Even if your business is multinational, you can still accept payments through the same payment provider. Recently in one article, I came across this payment solution https://solidgate.com/, it allows you to accept payments from any country, as well as to implement it in any online business.