Thread: pictures do not default from assets when editing site

Default pictures do not default from assets when editing site

I have NetObjects Fusion 2015. I create a web site and use a picture from my desktop. After completing a page, I delete the picture. When I re-open the program to make changes on the page the picture does not display in the editor unless I restore the picture back on my desktop.

Why doesn't the program refer to the pictures in the asset folder where they are all located? Why does it go back to the source (desktop)?

Is there a way to get this to default to the asset folder?

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radon.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	2618

Yes... when you add a picture from outside your site assets folder, you tick the box that says to save the picture to your assets folder.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Yes... when you add a picture from outside your site assets folder, you tick the box that says to save the picture to your assets folder.
    Hi Chuck, I click on the picture and see all the options except the "save the picture in the assets folder" Where would that be?

Regards,
    Walt

When you place the tool on the page to insert a picture, you'll see it there.

Not after the picture is already on the page.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    When you place the tool on the page to insert a picture, you'll see it there.

Not after the picture is already on the page.

I see that and it comes checked off. I'll be honest, I rarely place pictures on my site using that. I generally drag them from my desktop right on to the page. Is there a way to modify the asset option on existing pictures in my web page?

NoF will pull in images from wherever you've placed them. If you move them after placing them, unless you copy them to your Assets Folder, then NoF won't be able to find them. Always copy them to your Assets folder using the method that Chuck showed you, or by copying them manually into the folder and then placing them from there. The way you're doing it is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    NoF will pull in images from wherever you've placed them. If you move them after placing them, unless you copy them to your Assets Folder, then NoF won't be able to find them. Always copy them to your Assets folder using the method that Chuck showed you, or by copying them manually into the folder and then placing them from there. The way you're doing it is asking for trouble.

Thanks Franko, I'll give it a try

Default pictures wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    You are right. Wrote a whole site without checking that box. Now I want to move site to another computer and of course the pictures are blank since the source pictures are not in the same path as on the original computer. [I can't create a similar path since it contains a different user name] Is there a work-around to move the whole set of pictures, or must I replace them all one by one? If I must do a one by one replacement, it will certainly be a lesson learned!

You've already worked out your two alternative. Either place the images again (in which case copy them to your Assets folder first and place them from there) or create an identical path on your new computer. The latter may well be the easier of the two.