Thread: Recover sites

Default Recover sites

Hi all,

I had a crash about 3 weeks ago and ended up replacing the laptop with a new one. I've spent the last couple weeks trying to replace everything and now I'm on NOF (15).

I have been good about backups back cant seem to use them. Every time I try to, I get a message that it is "Read Only" and I'm dead. I tried to fix by going to Properties and removing the checkmark but, then I don't have any styles/pictures.

I can't believe it is hard so please tell me what I'M doing wrong.

BTW, Win 10.

Thanks to anyone who can help me,

Herschal

I am presuming that you are trying to restore .bak backup files? That's why you have no pictures - but style should be there.
    These .bak files are NOT true backups.
    The only way to create (and then restore properly) is to EXPORT the site (from Site view) to a .zip file and then open (from template) from the backed up .zip file.

If you haven't doen that your only option is to go to each image placeholder and navigate to its location again.

What version were you using when you had the problem?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for your quick reply. First, I'm not sure I said what I meant to. The files I tried to use are in the "Autosaves" folder as such: Scottiesoutheast_18-01-19_A-backup27.nod.

Just to be safe, I've already started recreating the site. Fortunately, it is not a big site.

Again, thanks for your help.

As always, thanks for your reply. I'm using NOF Ver. 2015 and Win 10.
    Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Herschal

Quote Originally Posted by atlmagi View Post
    Hi all,

I had a crash about 3 weeks ago and ended up replacing the laptop with a new one. I've spent the last couple weeks trying to replace everything and now I'm on NOF (15).

I have been good about backups back cant seem to use them. Every time I try to, I get a message that it is "Read Only" and I'm dead. I tried to fix by going to Properties and removing the checkmark but, then I don't have any styles/pictures.

I can't believe it is hard so please tell me what I'M doing wrong.

BTW, Win 10.

Thanks to anyone who can help me,

Herschal
    copy the newest file from autosaves to the root (where crashed file is) with win explorer
    open Nof and browse for the autosave file that is now in the root, and there will be no warning about read only