Thread: Carousel Images

Default Carousel Images

Just replacing some old Flash galleries with Carousels.

Any thoughts on why SOME portrait images get placed in the carousel in Landscape mode (and no option to turn them) ?
    Some are ok but others are placed wrongly, which suggest it's something to do with the images, but they are straightforward portrait images.

thanks

Did you size and prepare the images before adding them to the carousel? In Photoshop or Gimp?

They are the same size as the other portrait images which are fine!!
    The ones in question fit and look fine in the carousel placeholder with no problem...just they show in landscape instead of portrait.
    Very strange.

Whether I'm using the inbuilt carousel component (which I have for some contract work) or a third party application, it is always good practice to decide on the size you want it to be and then to create the individual images for it to the size of the component. Therefore it is not good practice to mix portrait and landscape images unless you add the portrait image to the correct size background (assuming it's landscape but the same applies if you're creating a portrait format component) in photoshop and then save it as a single jpeg or png. Less to go wrong that way. This approach has always been preferred ever since I've been creating web sites (since 1996) - create image to final size, optimise, save in dedicated assets folder.

But a url would help us see the specific issue.

Hi Franko - yes I understand what you are saying in an ideal world, but the fact is that I have dozens of Carousels where landscape and portrait are mixed without any issues.
    Anyway this is what I did. Outside of NOF I used an image program to rotate the portrait image to landscape....saved it.....opened again and set it back to portrait ....saved again.
    NOF then seemed to display correctly. As I said...very strange!!