Thread: changing computers and upgrading to NO15

Default changing computers and upgrading to NO15

Believe it or not I’m still working on NO12 with windows XP. I want to buy a new computer with windows 10 and upgrade to NO15. I don’t need to upgrade to my old computer but I’ve got to migrate my five sites to the new NO15. What is the best procedure.

You don't need a new computer to run 2015. In face, Win 10 seems to cause all sorts of problems for some people. I still run Win 7 on my one windows machine, and both win 7 and XP in virtual machines on my mac. Just make sure when you move your site to export it as a template, then create a new site in 2015 from that template. DON'T just open the old nod file in 2015.

I am just upgrading computers but how do I transfer the program over? Can I download it again and use my serial number? Download it where? Can I move my exe file over to my new computer?
    Any help would be fine. I just bought my program about a year ago. NetObjects 2015.

If you still have your install .exe flle and serial number then you can simply install NoF on your new computer. If you haven't got a backed up copy of the program ask and somebody here will probably be able to provide you with the install file. You will need your serial number. Always back up downloaded programs; you never know when the company that owned them will go out of business. I have programs that I have bought backed up to disk since 1996.

It is always a good idea to upgrade the PC hardware as well as look for new alternatives for the operating system.

What I recommend is that you first check if your PC meets the requirements to install Windows 10. This system is very stable, it is updated regularly and very useful features are added.

However, you can also use Windows 7, although it is no longer supported by Microsoft.
    Last edited by beeftech; 01-20-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    HTML + Java.