Thread: Lost Website

Default Lost Website

Hi my laptop I was using to manage my website has broken and I never backed it up I only copied the website from the net objects fusion folder to SD card and have managed to download website from the internet using FTP but when I click on the home icon in the folder I copied I just loads up a blank home page on fusion no pictures or designs no extra pages any one any ideas how I can get my website back please

You can't. If you have the .nod files you can put back all the photos. If you haven't then you will have to recreate your website from scratch.

Lesson learnt - and how many times can we say this.....BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP.....by exporting site to a .zip files.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	2730
    These are the folders I have

Then you have no option but to rebuild the pages that are missing images. Pick the latest .nod file.
    Unless it's a large website it's not actually going to take that long to re-point to where the images are.
    (either on your hard disk or maybe in Assets folder)

Quote Originally Posted by greystone View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	2730
    These are the folders I have
    you have Win10 setup incorrectly, it hides extensions of known files, this is a totally silly Microsoft default

fix this asap by unticking "hide extensions of known file types" in folder options

once that is done, you will find many nod files that you can open, such as autosaves, backups, recovery etc, but make sure you copy to the root first, like newest file in autosaves folder to root, then open that file (if the main nod file fails)