Thread: Netobjects Fusion 2015 on a Mac

Default Netobjects Fusion 2015 on a Mac

Hi there!
    Is someone using NOF on a Mac via Parallels 13?
    I've some issues within design view. Some script errors occurs and I've no idea to solve this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	# Skriptfehler_MLR3tab_top.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	2738

Many thanks,

M

Good luck with running NetObjects on a Mac. You probably will get a better answer from the Parallels support people than from Net Objects. But hang around here too. You may get lucky.

I run NoF on a Mac in VMWare with no issues at all. Can't help with your problem, though, as I don't read German. I've seen similar errors before on windows installations so don't think it has anything to do with Mac/Parallels. Maybe Anton can help as he is both knowledgeable about NoF and speaks German.

Quote Originally Posted by MFFM View Post
    Hi there!
    Is someone using NOF on a Mac via Parallels 13?
    I've some issues within design view. Some script errors occurs and I've no idea to solve this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	# Skriptfehler_MLR3tab_top.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	2738

Many thanks,

M
    make sure java 32bit is installed and right click Nof icon and tick to run as administrator

Thanks a bunch for your replies, guys.

@richs, I assume my Windows on Parallels is crappy and to contact their support is a good option. One of the issues I have is Windows update services while shut down the computer. Sometimes no internet connectivity on Internet Explorer, or a very slow one.

@franko, good to know that NoF is running in VMWare - maybe my next option when all things went wrong. Which version of windows do you use in VMWare?

@Anton, Thank you, that's are the basics of NoF. Java 32bit is installed. NoF is installed as admin and executed too. Also uninstalled and reinstalled - two times. Same issue still exists. My next option to un- and reinstall Windows in Parallels.

Using VMWare or Virtual Box is probably a much better idea than trying to get Parallels to work. Virtual Box is very much like VMWare and VB is free. However, VB support site has the nastiest support people I have ever seen on any support site I have ever been on and since you pay for VMWARE ($150 to $250) you get a more polished product and other windows apps should run well on it. VB can be somewhat temperamental but it does work and I use VB on top of XP while running Ubuntu on VB.

I much better like using server software (2008, 2012, 2016) as desktop software. It is much more stable and vitualization is built in. An interesting tidbit is a magazine article awhile back had an article on a Windows NT4 server that had been running since 1998 to 2016 and still going had never been rebooted since it was first installed. Try that with desktop software. Although I am not sure I totally believe that story.
    Last edited by richs; 02-28-2018 at 01:46 PM.

@franko, good to know that NoF is running in VMWare - maybe my next option when all things went wrong. Which version of windows do you use in VMWare?
    Windows XP (I still have some 8-bit programs I want to run) and Win 7. I've never had anything to do with Vista, 8 or 10.

The Issue was solved.
    In a remote session last night Parallels support has fixed a network error on my Computer. But not the NoF issue.

That issue was: NoF don't like shared folders.
    I changed NoF directories towards c:\user\username\documents\nof…
    Now NoF is working like a charm.

Thanks!

Michael