Thread: I can't recover my web site from a remote site.

Default I can't recover my web site from a remote site.

Dear Sirs.

In NetObject Fusion I see only two options to recover the web site from a remote site, that we have tested but doesn't work.

1- Open a File From Existing Web Site or Import Web Site: After we fill out this form, This option provide a msg that say: Unable to contact page: www............

2- Open from Remote Template: This option have a field named " Repository Path", I never configured a Repository Path and when we asked to the company that is doing the hosting to our web site, they say that they don't have configured a repository path. So this option doesn't work without this field and we don't have this information.

So, how we can recovery our .nod file and our entire web site from a remote site to import to our new computer? (note: we lost our previous computer with all these information).

I will appreciate any help that lead to recover my web site.

Best Regards
    Mario

what is the URL of the site in question?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

this is the web site

www.lgitcctv-latam.com

Did you upload your .nod file to your remote server for safekeeping? If not, and if you didn't keep a backup copy, then you are probably stuck. I have never been successful importing a published site into NoF and recreating the Fusion database. However, you do have all the assets in your published site so use HTTRACK or a similar app (I use sitesucker on a mac) to download your site to your PC and then redo your site from scratch. It's not a big site so shouldn't take too long cutting and pasting into a new NOF site.

thanks for your answer. I supposed that when I published the web site, the .nod file should go to the host. I tried to find the .nod file in the host, but it looks that is not there, anyway as you say, I need to start over again. Thanks

You can go over this tutorial.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

It will explain how to export the site as a template.

Nod file contains the coordinate but NOT the graphics so even uploading your .nod file will mean hours/days to restore a site as you will need to find all of the graphics and re-link them. Very tedious. Just don't do it.

The tutorial explains the export process and at the end gives you a link to another tutorial that explains how you can have the template uploaded automatically to your remote domain every time you upload/publish your website within Fusion.

This tutorial has been around for over 15 years with this same advice in it. If followed, no one would ever lose anything.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz