Thread: Import old files into Fusion Essentials

Default Import old files into Fusion Essentials

Hi all,

I switched to Essentials recently. Which old files do I need for my website to be able to work on it? Is there an import function in Essentials for older files?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

ptcruiser1960

Fusion is a database program that generates HTML code.

You need to recreate your site. You can save images into the Fusion site assets and copy the text from the old site.

You cannot import an old site's HTML.
    Last edited by chuckj; 03-11-2018 at 03:21 AM.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Fusion is a database program that generates HTML code.

You need to recreate your site. You can save images into the Fusion site assets and copy the next from the old site.

You cannot import an old site's HTML.
    That sucks! But it is what it is.... Thanks for responding.

ptcruiser

You did not say if you have the original NOF files from a prior version. There are 2 groups of files when working with NOF. There are the working files that are stored in the NOF folders in your MY Documents folder that are created during the design of your site. Do you still have those files? If you do then create a template and import them into the new NOF software. If you only have files that NOF created during publishing to web site files that you upload to the server, then those files can not be imported into NOF.

When you come to this site you have to give details about what you have and what you are trying to do. Not saying which versions and files you have does not help us to figure out if there is fix for the situation you have and what you want to accomplish. We need details, details and more details.
    Last edited by richs; 03-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Sorry, with Essentials 2014 it is unfortunately not possible to import old projects or templates.

I have not used Essentials since version 7.5 so I don't really know what it's capable of doing. But it may be a worthwhile option for someone with old working files to buy Fusion 15 at the ridiculous low price to easily remake a web site they can't do with free software. How much is someone's time worth?