Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SSL and YouTube

  1. #1

    Default SSL and YouTube

    I've just upgraded my webspace to use an SSL certification (https:// etc).

    Now my embedded YouTube links no longer display. It would appear to be because the weblink for YouTube is coded as http:// etc.

    Do we have a way around this please?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'd love to hear an answer to this. You can't edit the html in the code view, and the only way I have been able to do it is to either create an iframe (harder than it ought to be) or to go to my hosting provider's file manager, and edit the file to add the "s" where it needs to be. This seems to be something NetObjects could fix, but maybe it's not that important to them.

    Best of luck. It's a real annoyance, especially if you have a lot of video pages that you need to update regularly - every time you publish a change, the link rewrites itself incorrectly.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PixSmith View Post
    I'd love to hear an answer to this. You can't edit the html in the code view, and the only way I have been able to do it is to either create an iframe (harder than it ought to be) or to go to my hosting provider's file manager, and edit the file to add the "s" where it needs to be. This seems to be something NetObjects could fix, but maybe it's not that important to them.

    Best of luck. It's a real annoyance, especially if you have a lot of video pages that you need to update regularly - every time you publish a change, the link rewrites itself incorrectly.
    I went to my hosting provider's file manager too and added the "s" manualy, yes it can be a solution but it takes so much time and there is always a little danger to omit 1-2 and then...back again.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6

    Default My work-around

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderST View Post
    I went to my hosting provider's file manager too and added the "s" manualy, yes it can be a solution but it takes so much time and there is always a little danger to omit 1-2 and then...back again.
    My solution was to "Local Publish" the website. Open the local page with the YouTube references with NotePad; edit the http: to https: then and save a copy. Then whenever I publish the site to the server, I go back and FTP the edited copy to overwrite what was there. When I am in Notepad, I just search for http: and add the "s" wherever I find it.

    Too much work? YES! But by having the page saved on my computer with the correct URL allows me to fix it in less than a minute.

    I certainly hope there is a better way, but in the meantime, this works for me.
    Last edited by WM325; 01-15-2019 at 05:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    That's a good way to go, especially if a lot of pages have videos. I am lucky that any video I have is in one place, so the hosting company's editor in cpanel works well for me. But it seems like the kind of thing they ought to fix in the time that they spend crafting yet another message to me offering me an upgrade to 15 for lots less than I paid to upgrade my copy to 15. . .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •