Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netobjects Fusion Essentials licenze key.

Hello again franco, thank you for your suggerstions. I'll try the copy and paste method, because my web site has only about 20 pages, My web site is show correct in Site View in NOF15, and in Page View each page is coorect, but still it's not assembled correct in Preview Site, it shows only a blank page. For the copy-paste method I imagine I show a page of my web site on the computer with NOF15 and drag the mouse-pointer from top to bottom and press Ctrl-C, then I open the Site View window in NOF15 and select the box representing the web site page I copied and now press Ctrl-V. Is this the way to do it? Or can you explain more detailed how to do it? I'm very busy with other things now, but hopefully I can try one day in next week. I think DCHILLARY is also interested in this method to fix his web site. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

Hello again franco, I think I understand now what I have to do to make my web site work in NOF15, because I’ve transferred it several times to new/other computers with Windows XP by simply copying 2 folders under C:\Netobjects Fusion MX to the new computer, after having installed Netobjects Fusion MX. The 2 folders are ‘User Site’ and a ‘private’ folder with all the pictures and Word-files. So now I’ll copy these 2 files to the new computer with Windows 10 and NOF15 under C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015. And then I’ll open the web site in NOF15 and it’s automatically shown in ‘Site view’ with all the green boxes, and the main site highlighted. Then I’ll click ‘Page view’ and ‘Code’-button at he bottom. Then I’ll edit all links containing C:\Netobjects Fusion MX to C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015. Then I’ll exit NOF15 so the new code is saved. Then I’ll do the same with all the other pages. Do you agree that this will work? But now I’m very busy and I don’t need to update my web site until April next year. I’ll do it in the winter 2019 in February. If you and any others want to know the result, please send an email to me now 'helge.tunheim@online.no' and I’ll save your address and send you the result of my effort to transfer my web site from Netobjects Fusion MX to Netobjects Fusion 2015 in March/April next year.

There is only one way to transfer a site and that is through exporting a template. While the process is apparently slightly different with a very old version like MX (2002-ish) you still need to export and template and create a new site from that template as I outlined in my previous response.

Hello again franco, now I’m a little confused because you also said in your previous response that I could do ‘copy and paste’ and edit the links. I asked if you could explain this method more detailed, but now you say that the template method is the only way. And I’ve done that, and the structure of my web site is correct in Site View in NOF15, and in Page View each page is shown correct. But when I click Preview with the main page highlighted I get only a blank page. But if I highlight any other page, then my whole web site is shown correct in Preview, except that the main page is missing. So the problem must be that some links are wrong. In the winter 2019 I’ll study the code and links in NOF15 and compare with the original in Fusion MX, and try to recreate my web site in NOF15. If you and any others want to know the result, please send an email to me now 'helge.tunheim@online.no' and I’ll save your address and send you the result of my effort to transfer my web site from Netobjects Fusion MX to Netobjects Fusion 2015 in March/April 2019. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

What I said is that if you have blank pages or missing linked files in your new site from template then you can copy and paste the CONTENT for those pages from your original site. Open both sites, the 2015 one and the MX one and copy and paste the content, place and relink any external files from the MX site to the 2015 site. Do not copy and paste any files in Windows Explorer (or whatever they're calling it these days). If you have only 20 pages this will probably be the quickest and most efficient way.

It will also have the advantage of not having any embedded formatting or tables left over from MX but will write cleaner html5 code.

Hello again franco, it’s almost clear to me now what I have to do, but do mean the CODE for the page when you say CONTENT? The code is shown in Page View when I press the Code-button at the bottom left. So I figure that I shall copy the code for each page in the MX-system and paste it into Notepad or Word documents, and copy these documents to a memory stick. And then move it to the PC with NOF15 and paste the code into the code field for each page, after having removed the wrong code from the template. And then replace C:\Netobjects Fusion MX with C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015 in all links. Is this what you mean? Or do you mean that shall drag the mouse pointer over each page/picture in the MX-system to highlight the page and press Ctrl-C and paste it into a Word-document. Then copy the word documents to a memory stick and move it to the PC with NOF15 and paste the pictures into the Page Views. Is this what you mean? I’m sorry that I have to ask for detailed description. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)