Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netobjects Fusion Essentials licenze key.

Default Netobjects Fusion Essentials licenze key.

I've got an email with the link to download Netobjects Fusion Essentials from Steve, and he says he also sent the licenxe key, but he's forgotten, and I'm unable to install Netobjects Fusion Essentials. Steve also sent his email address, and I've asked him to send the license key, but he doesn't reply. How can I get the license key? I've used Netobjets Fusion MX for 10 years, but it runs only on Windows XP. Now I want to try Netobjets Fusion Essentials and see if it works with my old nod-file. My email address is helge.tunheim@online.no

Hello richs, thank you for your answer. I'll think about buying NOF15, but other companies offer a free 30 days trial period before you have to pay. That's why I wanted to try the free Essentials to see if it works with my old nod-file from MX. I think it's not nice that Steve said that his mail with the link to download Essentials included the license key, when it didn't, and I got a program that I cannot install without the key. And even worse he keeps on sending emails saying it's to ensure that I'm happy, and explains what the program can do, when I've reminded him that he's forgotten to send the key, and must know that cannot install the program. It's to say he's fooled me.
    I'm afraid of buying NOF15 and discover that it cannot handle my old nod-file from MX. But if you think it can, I'll buy NOF15. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    whether MX can make templates
    of course ist does.

Hello richs, thank you so much again for your helpfulness. I understand now that if I buy NOF15 I have to construct my web site again. So I'll think about it. But I have 4 old computer which I've put new harddisks in and installed Windows XP, and I still get updates. And I've installed the new standalone 'Defender for Windows XP', so I think it's safe to use. And now I'm seriously thinking of buying a new computer and install Windows XP and run Netobjects Fusion MX for 10 more years, until I'm 80 years. My web site has the address www.helge-tunheim.no if you want to take a look. I use it for distributing travel reports to friends, and some travel reports are translatet from norwegian to english. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

Helge, you do not have to construct your web site again. As richs said, you move NoF sites by exporting a template which creates a zip file containing the .nod file and all assets. To open your site from the template: In Online View select File -> New site from Template, choose a location and name for the site and click OK. This will save your site to your hard drive with all you assets included. DO NOT simply open your .nod file, once you do that you will not be able to go back to MX.

Hello franco, thank you very, very much for your instructions. That was what I needed to be convinced to buy NOF15, and I'll do it right away. It costs about 150 USD including 1 year download service, in case the first download for some reason fails. But 150 USD is less than half the price of a new computer, and the effort to change the harddisk and install Windows XP. So now I drop that. Tomorrow I'll try to create the export template on my old computer with Windows XP and Netobjects Fusion MX, and explain what I did, so you can see if I've done it correctly. And in a few days I'll have NOF15 installed on my new computer with Windows 10. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

Hello again franco, today I created the site template on the old computer with Fusion MX by creating Site Template folder and clicking File, Export, Template, Site Template folder. And I got 3 items, Asset and Style folders and Site.nft file. Then I bought and installed NOF15 on the new computer. I found the ‘Netobjects System 2015’ under Users, User, Documents, and copied the Site Template folder from the old computer in here. After start of NOF15 I clicked File, New site from template, and clicked the Site.nft file under Documents\Site Template, and OK. The site was created and displayed correctly in Site View, and with the main page highlighted I clicked Preview and got a blank page in Edge with the name Home on the tab. Then I clicked Preview again and selected Google Chrome for display, but got the same blank page. The address field shows C:\Users\User\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 2015\User Sites\My Site\Preview\index.html It should have been ..\Preview\Home.html (not ‘index’), as in Fusion MX on the old computer. I rubbed out ‘index’ and typed ‘Home’, and Enter, but then I got error message ‘no such file’. And my web site contains several Word-files which I edit when I have new travel reports, but I couldn’t find these in the My Site folder. I seems that the word-files have been hidden and can no longer be edited. Do you have any idea for solving these 2 problems? Or can I get help from Customer Support, and how can I contact them? Otherwise the transfer of my web site to NOF15 has failed, and I have to construct the site again in NOF15, and it will take a long, long time, and I probably don’t have time to do it. Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

I feel I've been fooled by Netobjects by a false offer of free Netobjects Essentials and not offering 30 days trial period on NOF15. Tranfer of my web site from Netobjects MX to NOF15 failed and 150 USD lost. I have to buy a new computer and install Windows XP. With the new 'Defender for XP' I think it's safe to use XP on the Internet 5 minutes each year to update my web site for more than 10 years in the future. Does anyone disagree? Sincerely, Helge (heoltu)

The same thing happened to me. I am wondering if it really is an oversight

When you exported the template you should have finished up with a .zip file containing everything in your old web site but perhaps MX which was so long ago it created a .nft file instead. Either way you should have all the assets necessary to recreate the site.

With the Word files are you linking to them so they open when the link is clicked? If so, they won't be included in the template and you will need to link to them once again. I hope they were copied into your Assets folder originally (always a good practice) otherwise you will need to make sure the Path is exactly the same as originally. Editing the links is probably the best thing to do. Whatever you do, NEVER COPY AND PASTE FROM A WORD FILE. Word brings all sorts of crap with it which will corrupt your Fusion site and cause no end of pain.

Have a close look at your file structure for your new site and compare it with your original site and copy any missing files to exactly the same Path as your original site. Then try opening again.

In any case since you have your old site intact, you can copy and paste from it directly into the 2015 site to recreate your site. Unless you have hundreds of pages it shouldn't take you too long.

Let us know how you go.