Thread: Damaged Objects Message

Default Damaged Objects Message

Started using Fusion 15 on MSN 7 OS.

Created website with no real issues everything went well but that was yesterday. Fortunately I put the website up on the WWW same day.

Today however totally different story. I attempted to add a couple of lines to an embedded spreadsheet by first inserting a new row. Have since found out that this one action when I go to preview generates this error message -

**** Damaged Objects have been found on the page and have been deleted ****

So attempting to only insert a new row into the spreadsheet crashes the programme AND of course deletes the spreadsheet entirely.

What is going on ????

Apologies for late response - been a bit busy!
    I didn't have any problems when I tied to replicate your issue. I created a new page, inserted a table, previewed ok.
    Then I added a new row above and below and previewed again - no problems...all as it should be.

Did you create the site/page from blank or did you use a template?
    What happens if you Local Publish instead of using Preview?

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Apologies for late response - been a bit busy!
    I didn't have any problems when I tied to replicate your issue. I created a new page, inserted a table, previewed ok.
    Then I added a new row above and below and previewed again - no problems...all as it should be.

Did you create the site/page from blank or did you use a template?
    What happens if you Local Publish instead of using Preview?
    Thanks for the response.

OK I had a website generated by Fusion 8. I opened and moved the website to Fusion 2015. Everything worked.
    I then made some additional entries including linked photos to a very large Excel spreadsheet and checked again using Preview.
    All seemed well. Then I went to local publish and saw this "Damaged Objects" message. What damaged objects I am thinking?

I conclude that Fusion 2015 in converting the old Fusion 8 file introduced some errors which were not killers till I added
    to the website and then it was lights out time.

Since then I have completely re-built the site using Fusion 2015 and touch wood it works. So this tells me that there
    was nothing problematical from my side. Fusion 8 was also perfect, that leaves the transition from Fusion 8 to 2015 as
    the potential culprit.

Future strategy is now in place - "NEVER UPDATE FUSION SOFTWARE"

I don't have NOF8, but as an experiment did the same as you did from v10...and all was fine(!).

Anyway ...glad you got it sorted out.