Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTML 5 photo gallery?

Default HTML 5 photo gallery?

Hi - this is my first post.
    I'm a photographer using NOF11 & creating photo galleries using the built-in flash photo gallery.
    I would like to create HTML 5 galleries. Is this possible with NOF13 & if so will the galleries auto resize to different formats for tablets & phones.
    Any links to galleries using NOF13 would be welcome(there's no samples on the Netobjects site).
    Thanks

No wysiwyg code generator program is capable of responsive design output as yet, although many (including NO, I suspect) are working on it. You can take the output and tweak the code to make it responsive but if you're going to do that you may as well hand-code to start with.

There are a number of html5 galleries on the web including responsive ones. I'd be looking in that direction personally and linking to it from within NOF.

UPDATE: Xara has just (16 May 14) released a wysiwyg code generator with responsive output. Don't know if it has a gallery function as I'm downloading the demo as we speak..er...write.
    Last edited by franko; 05-15-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    No wysiwyg code generator program is capable of responsive design output as yet, although many (including NO, I suspect) are working on it. You can take the output and tweak the code to make it responsive but if you're going to do that you may as well hand-code to start with.

There are a number of html5 galleries on the web including responsive ones. I'd be looking in that direction personally and linking to it from within NOF.
    I think this link may help us
    http://www.quackit.com/html/online-html-editor/
    MindLogics is a custom web development and design company that innovates, delivering ideas to fire the imagination and push the boundaries in digital space.

Thanks Franko.
    Does anyone have a link to a photo gallery in HTML5 created with NOF13?
    Just trying to figure out if it would be worth the upgrade.

Have you seen a gallery online anywhere that does what you want?

Can you post a URL to it?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I've always used external galleries such as visual light box. First flash and then JQuery. I've never found the galleries in NoF to be up to the standard of external ones and it's simplicity itself to place an external gallery in NoF.

That said, IMHO 2013 is well worth the upgrade if for no other reason than the html 5/CSS 3 output. I have no upgraded most of my production sites to 2013; since AU5 it has become much more stable and the choice of html 5 or html 5 dynamic in the latest update solves a lot of issues that were in the previous updates. So IMHO it is now worth the upgrade.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

... did you try WOW-Slider?

http://wowslider.com/index.html
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

I use wowslider extensively on my NOF site. Its great. You can see it in action here: www.SolarLightCap.com
    I had some trouble getting it to work propoerly at first due to doctype issues, but eventually found that by using the wowslider tool, which generates a script file, that I then link to as an external file on my server from within an InLine Frame. I use FlingFile Transfer to push the wowslider revision to my server. Very quick to put in new sliders
    Last edited by SolarLightCap; 05-31-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: more detal

Default HTML5 with old NOF10 site

Ive just upgraded to NOF13 from NOF10
    In NOF13 it has different HTML output menu - no more dynamic page layout - do I use HTML5 for circumstances when I want to overlap objects?

Also I note the default format SiteSetting is not using HTML5.
    Should I just change globally somewhere to HTML5 and upload my entire site, or will this create problems with layout/browser compatibility etc?

You can overlap objects in html 5 output. However, in the latest update there is also an HTML 5 Dynamic output method. This is like the html 4.01 With Tables method so you can't overlap with this method. However, you can have an html 5 layout region inside an html 5 Dynamic page.