Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The program shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    this workflow will get you into trouble once you are browsing for a page background image to replace an existing or custom menu button images, I learned the hard way more then 10 years ago
    I also. I've had sites running on almost a dozen computers since I came back to Oz in 2002 and a number of sites from before then. Keeping things all nice and tidy in the site folder ensures I don't have a broken image some years later and have to try and remember what that image was let alone where it might be.

I store my images as ...../<client name>/images so I always know where they are.

But, anyway, if you tick the box 'copy to assets' then the image gets put there anyway! So it ends up in the same place.
    To me, copying everything to assets before you start building a site just adds another layer of tasks to do....and no doubt will have to be repeated for any late images.
    As I say....each to their own!

I agree with Gprit!

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    I store my images as ...../<client name>/images so I always know where they are.
    Good organizational practice is good organizational practice. The main thing is you have one and are consistent with it over time. You have a good organizational practice, as do I. They may not be the same but they are both good organizational practice. Unfortunately too many people don't and pull images from any and everywhere on their computer. You store yours in a dedicated client file (which is what I do with my photography) whereas out of long practice I copy mine to the Assets folder. The point is, we are both consistent in what we do.

The reason I do it this way is that when i started using NOF in 2001 i am sure this was the only way it could be done and I've just got into the habit of doing so.

Why do O get the warning is it because some java is missing then?

Quote Originally Posted by woko View Post
    The reason I do it this way is that when i started using NOF in 2001 i am sure this was the only way it could be done
    yes it was since the first release of the software. someday (I think with release 8 or 9) they started offering another practice of letting the application itself take care of the image being stored in the right folder (as an "innovation"). I never used this procedure.

I still have the original problem
    Could the 32bit java be corrupted?

sould it be a good idea to un-install the java an reinstall another version?

It might be a good idea to make sure both versions are there and the latest versions:
    see: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp ....although I'm not convinced that is the problem.
    Have you tried my suggestion from post 14??

Yes I did try what you suggested on post 14. it doesn't matter Where I attempt to go. once I leave the opening screen in file view, and use any button it shuts down. I was using assets as an example. I appears that it would me a good idea to replace all the java but I agree, I don't feel it is this. The strangest thing is that it doesn't seem to occur on my existing sites, even though I sometimes, not always get the error message i spoke of earlier.

Let's install some new java programs first and see what happens.

woko

Do you have access to try it on a different operating system?
    Suspicions are coming towards WIN10......but I don't use WIN10.....
    If you don't have another operating system, let me know. I have sent you a PM.
    Export the problem site as a .zip file and send to me - I will have a look.