Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The program shutting down

missing Java 32bit can also cause all sorts of issues, make sure it is installed

I have not forgotten you all. There is a reason for the delay in re-installing the program.

I uninstalled i then then immediatly proceeded to re-install.The first question asked is to stop all windows run programs. To most people this is not a problem, but as i'm partially sighted and I use a program to enlarge the text I was halted. I'm waiting so someone to turn up and install NOF15 for me.
    I so apologise, but will be back

Ken, I never got to the stage of copying anything in, as soon as i attempted to do anything it threw me out. I must admit My movements were to add an image that was in the asset folder.

let me try re-installing the program first and see what happens. I will be back after that.

Thank you for your patience
    Woko

I have now been able to re-install NOF15 and have created new site "test" just a blank site. I have inserted an image, taken from that sites asset folder, without a problem. I then exited the site. upon re-entering this was shown.

WARNING file instability

NOF 15 has detected an unstable file and will now recover your site. The time taken for this varies.The site is then corrected and loads, however this happen every time it is loaded. A previous and separate site......does not show this warning.Thanks..Woko
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOF warning.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	2785  

What happens if you do the same thing BUT add an image from your computer folders INSTEAD of from assets?

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    What happens if you do the same thing BUT add an image from your computer folders INSTEAD of from assets?
    That's what I wondered - is NOF getting itself in knots loading a file from Assets then trying to save it again to Assets?

I have always copied files to the Assets folder before placing them into a site. I have never seen this behaviour (but then, I don't use Windows 10). My gut feel is that it is something caused by a windows update. Sooner or later NoF will stop working completely on windows 10 because the latter will have been updated so much Fusion will no longer be able to run. Only solution is not to use NoF on windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I have always copied files to the Assets folder before placing them into a site. I have never seen this behaviour (but then, I don't use Windows 10). My gut feel is that it is something caused by a windows update. Sooner or later NoF will stop working completely on windows 10 because the latter will have been updated so much Fusion will no longer be able to run. Only solution is not to use NoF on windows 10.
    so have I, but the important thing is to untick the copy to Assets option which is enabled by default
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVP-0307.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	2786  

Isn't that amazing - I have never copied to assets first - and when I add from laptop folder I ALWAYS tick the copy to Assets!!!
    Never had any problems - but neither do I use WIN10......

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    Isn't that amazing - I have never copied to assets first - and when I add from laptop folder I ALWAYS tick the copy to Assets!!!
    Never had any problems - but neither do I use WIN10......
    this workflow will get you into trouble once you are browsing for a page background image to replace an existing or custom menu button images, I learned the hard way more then 10 years ago

Well....as I've said in some other threads...each to their own(!). Been doing it that way since I started using NOF back around 2007 without any issues.
    Would still like to find out what happens if OP does the same thing BUT adds an image from computer folders INSTEAD of from assets? Does the problem still occur?