Thread: Local Publish

Default Local Publish

Local Publish has suddenly become very slow. It now takes 24 [yes, twenty four] hours to local publish a 50MB update which used to take about 40 minutes. I have uninstalled & re-installed NO F 2015 but no difference. I have tried re-local publishing of the site dating back to before the problem started but it still takes as long. l have reduced the content to 40MB but no difference. Any ideas?

What version of Windows? DId it happen after a mandatory update? I would suggest deleting the existing local publish files (or rather rename them, and do a fresh local publish.

The problem seems to be caused by an upgrade to Windows 10 in June 2018. You can't sensibly stop automatic upgrades of Windows 10 and you can't easily restore the PC to a date before the upgrade which caused the problem. Only solved by installing Windows 7 [64bit] on the PC used for NO F. It now works fine and this has probably made NO F more stable and less likely to suffer random crashes which happened on Windows 10.

Yes...that's one of the problems with WIN10, which is why I am looking to move away. The only way I know to stop auto updates in WIN10 is to set PC to metered internet usage - that stops it I think.