Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPEN NOTE to Steve Raubenstine

Default OPEN NOTE to Steve Raubenstine

Dear Mr. Raubenstine...

Are you still the CEO of NetObjects Fusion?
    If you are, I hope you're well.

How's your integrity?
    How's your sense of honor?
    I realize that you're strictly profit-driven, but how can you leave a substantial number of NOF users stranded without any tech support or any communications at all?

I don't know if you're in the U.S. or Germany, if you abide by any set of business ethics, if you'd like to sell NOF, if you'd entertain a class-action lawsuit.

Enlighten us!

solane (a 15-year customer/user)

I agree. Also software cannot foresee what future operating systems/anti virus programs etc are going to do/behave.
    It's very uncommon to find that the problem IS with NOF.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

very funny - you think Steve is going to read this

He visited his own forums last time on 04-23-2018
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

I really don't want to get into a discussion of customer vs company and the software industry's outrageous irresponsibilty it has enjoyed since Commodore 64. I just would like him, Herr Raubenstine, to step up to the plate: If this is that "end of product syndrome", if he is not going to release a new version, if NOF is kaput, let him say so to his loyal forum. Methinks there is another agenda underfoot... a marketing ploy to keep NOF afloat as facade for what other derring-do's he's planning.

It would have been better if they would have communicated it this way, that NOF is dead end, that they perhaps are working on product xyz to replace it (perhaps with a blog updated from time to time)

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

how do I know ...

... I am an administrator in other forums myself and each time I visit I also log in - of course - otherwise I can not see all threads.

They just want to sell as many copies of NOF as possible - even if their customers run into a dead end, so he's just ripping people off - that's what NOF is today - I think this is very poor ...

I invested thousands of hours in NOF (for free for Steve) and as a Beta-Tester here and I like to state that this treatment of Steve is just unbelievable bad
    Last edited by Thomas Frei-Herrmann; 08-02-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Bist du da nicht ein bisschen ungerecht, Thomas?

Wenn du tausende Stunden an dem Produkt gearbeitet hast, und dies doch freiwillig und mit Freude, so hat Steve sicher zehntausende Stunden daran gearbeitet und auch seine berufliche und finanzielle Existenz damit verbunden. Wer sagt dir, dass er nicht auf einem Berg von Schulden sitzt? Das könnte nämlich gut sein.

Ich habe es ja mal deiner geschätzten Kollegin Barbara von der NOF-Schule vogerechnet, welche Erträge in den den letzten Jahren überhaupt mit NOF erwirtschaftet werden konnten. Die Schätzungen waren marginal.

Schon als Abteilungsleiter bei Website Pros war Steve Raubenstine dafür verantwortlich, dass NetObjects Fusion nach dem Jahre 2001, als das Unternehmen NetObjects Inc. insolvent ging, mit weiteren Versionen erscheinen konnte - und dies waren bis 2015 an der Zahl 9! Wir sprechen hier von Entwicklungs-, Distributions- und anderem Aufwand, der in die Millionen ging.

Ich finde, Steve hätte mehr Achtung verdient. Ich jedenfalls freue mich, dass es dieses Forum hier noch gibt. Es ist immer wieder nützlich und interessant. Dass es überhaupt noch online ist, ist keineswegs selbstverständlich. Ich freue mich auch, dass die letzte Version von NetObjects Fusion immer noch online zu einem minimalen Preis angeboten wird. Falls ich einmal gezwungen bin, auf Windows 10 zu wechseln, kann ich es gut gebrauchen.

Den Vorwurf, der immer wieder erhoben wird, es würden User getäuscht, kann ich nicht nachvollziehen. Wer Webdesign machen will, sollte sich vorher informieren, welche Applikationen es gibt und was sie können.

Vielen Dank, Steve Raubenstine! Ich hoffe es geht Ihnen gut.

There are complaints on the Koken facebook page about lack of support and lack of response. Netobjects had put their resources behind Koken; now it seems they have even abandoned that. By the way, Steve Rubenstein has his own personal facebook page. Perhaps if everyone queried him there he might give some indication as to whether or not he's still alive.

the last blog entry on http://blog.koken.me/

is from 2016

nostalgy?

Some using it for hobby websites