Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPEN NOTE to Steve Raubenstine

I really wonder why there are still people coming to this site
    Because there are still people using this software who need help. For some people, Netobjects Fusion is all they need if they don't need device responsiveness. It's still the best too for, for instance, company intranets or extranets. Just not so good in the commercial retail space.

For new users who think they would want responsiveness, right now there is a comparable option.
    NOF Full is currently $129.96 (no trial option) and only supported by a few remaining volunteers until they decide to spend their time on some other sort of self gratification. Mobirise (base application free) has an Autumn Sale on all extensions at $149.00 - The extra 20 bucks get you some better support and at least all the time needed for the tweaking you'll have to do within and without your NOFsite(s), might be better spent on a more current application. There's even a simple* 3rd party CMS option with tuts made available by the famous Thomas Frei-Herrmann.
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 09-18-2018 at 04:35 PM.

look at the threads there. they are not so fond any more of Mobirise. lots of bugs, hard-to-overlook costs, no "real" company adress...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    look at the threads there. they are not so fond any more of Mobirise. lots of bugs, hard-to-overlook costs, no "real" company adress...
    If you look at any other forum, you'll find they all follow the same pattern you pointed out and looking further still you can find there are those who compliment (even here), but that's not the norm.

This is why I mentioned if you're going to be faced with tweaking, no matter what, I suggest you spend those hours learning something current and not abandoned. Operating systems, scripts and code are moving along, devolving NOF. You can start for free, and/or take advantage of 85% off or not. Even just play with free until you're ready to ramp it up.

Also, I have not seen any posts at Mobirise people having issues with trying to get your money back if dissatisfied. Otherwise, you can go with same old same old;

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ght=money+back

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ght=money+back
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 09-19-2018 at 05:12 PM.

I have 0 issues with Mobirise

Most forum users are people starting out, they don't even have an idea what to do with filezilla

I was just reporting what I read and those posts were not by beginners. but I am really not interested in pro and contra Mobirise.

Personally I'm using two main apps. CoffeeCup has great support from the people who own the company and who develop the apps. You do need at least a basic knowledge of web technology, though; for example, when to use a <div>, etc. I've just completed this site made with Joomla and found it both easy to use, powerful and flexible. I designed and built the site and have now handed it over to the client to maintain and it's easy enough for them to do which means no going back time after time to fix things up or make changes. It's also free. I'll be doing more with Joomla.

I find CS6 to still be workable even though it is getting older now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dw-cs6.gif 
Views:	268 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	2809
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I am looking for some personal assistance with NOF 2015. Been using NOF since version (1). Need help with centering pages in browser, margins, using panoramic photos. Would be helpful to me if we can talk on the phone while using a remote access software to help me see what I need to correct. Anyone know of a person available? My name is Brenda and I can be reached at: b_eaden@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Been using NOF since version (1). ... My name is Brenda and I can be reached at: b_eaden@comcast.net
    Since V1 and this is a first post?

LOL. Not a hard stretch to see why scammers target NOF users now.