Thread: Form Handler - setting Min and Max characters

Banned

Default Form Handler - setting Min and Max characters

I would like to set the minimum and maximum character range for a text message box in Form Handler. But I used the "range" dropdown which doesn't seem to work. It would also have to show an error msg if out of range. If anyone has an example code that I could insert into my HTML, this might be the easiest way.

NOF 2015
    Attached Files Attached Files

difficult to read that pdf......can you save with Notepad? Also what field is it and what range are you trying to get to work?
    Last edited by gprit; 08-18-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    difficult to read that pdf......can you save with Notepad? Also what field is it and what range are you trying to get to work?
    This is a Multi-line text field: range is minimum= 20 characters, maximum= 375 characters. It was set to this originally, then after several updates, it disappeared and can't get these settings back for some reason.

pdf should read fine, don't understand?

What i meant by pdf difficult to read is that it is unformatted (see after answer to question:

Anyway I also could not get the validation to work on a multi-line box. Here's what I tried, which should work.
    >Form Multi Line properties
    >Validate
    >Choose Length in Range and move to right hand validate field as: panel.
    >Click Length in Range
    >set min value to 20, set max value to 375 plus suitable error message

This did not work so I assume there is a bug in NOF with this. Interestingly if you do the same with a single line text then it works, but input keeps scrolling to the right.

Can only suggest using a third party form (which I do) such as emailmeform.com. I know the range works there on multi line text boxes.

================================================== ========.
    ie:
    <form name="MESSAGE2FORM" action="/cgi-bin/SafeMailer.pl" method="post" onSubmit="return
    __fv1_MESSAGE2FORM(this)"> <input type="hidden" name="redirect"
    value="http://theorigincomesalive.com/ThankYouMsg/thankyoumsg.html"> <div
    class="nof-positioning"> <div id="Text48" class="nof-positioning TextObject"
    style="width: 469px; margin-top: 13px; margin-left: 42px; "> <p style="text-align:
    left; margin-bottom: 0px;">Personal information you submit will not be shared with others.</p>
    </div> <div id="FormsFieldLabel1LYR" class="nof-positioning TextObject"
    style="width: 95px; margin-top: 24px; margin-left: 41px; "><label id="FormsFieldLabel1"
    for="FormsEditField1">Your Name</label></div> <div class="nof-positioning

Banned

Thanks for your input. I finally got it to work after some teaks, but still won't show the min and max error msg. Maybe I'll just leave it for now, or maybe try a third party form like the one you have suggested... another I hear is good, is CoffeCup.

Sorry about the HTML text, I got used to the way 'Core FTP' displays it. Maybe I should use another FTP program.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Thanks for your input. I finally got it to work after some teaks, but still won't show the min and max error msg. Maybe I'll just leave it for now, or maybe try a third party form like the one you have suggested... another I hear is good, is CoffeCup.

Sorry about the HTML text, I got used to the way 'Core FTP' displays it. Maybe I should use another FTP program.
    Oh forgot! Check it out at: http://theorigincomesalive.com/Books...n-message.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Thanks for that!