Thread: Master Border Not Updating Properly

Default Master Border Not Updating Properly

I have used NOF 15 (and earlier) for my club website for some years now. I have always had a text box at the top left corner of the master border showing the last date when the site was updated. I recently decided to only show this information on the home page and deleted the text box in the master border, replacing it with a similar box in the layout of the home page. I should mention that I first attempted to make the change by dragging the box from border to the layout; I don't know if this could have caused a problem.

Now, whenever the site is opened, the home page displays the last used version of the textbox in the master border but not the new one in the layout. Opening any other page and then returning to the home page corrects it and the old master border text box disappears whilst the new one in the layout is then displayed. This happens whenever the site is opened and in every browser I have tried. I do not use any complicated things like CSS and simply want the home page to display correctly when the website is first opened.
    Any advice (simple please) would be greatly appreciated.

The site is https://www.probus-teddington-hampton.org.uk

can you provide a screenshot of the design view so I can see the location of the text box

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    can you provide a screenshot of the design view so I can see the location of the text box
    Screen capture from NOF15 design (home page) attached. The new text box is on the right at top of the layout and the original was just below the words Master Border at top left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomePage.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	2801  

that is perfect, the textbox is in the layout and not in the masterborder

I tested your site and only the home page shows the date

that is perfect, the textbox is in the layout and not in the masterborder

I tested your site and only the home page shows the date
    That is weird. I cannot get the home page to load properly at start up. The three attached pictures are the opening page, then clicking in the menu to open a different page and then clicking Home in the menu to open the home page again after which it displays correctly. I have tried clearing the browser's cache in case that was the problem but it made no difference. I have to go out for a couple of hours now but I will try it on my wife's computer when I get home in case it is a problem unique to mine. Any further thoughts would be very welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Opening Page.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	2802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Second Page.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	2803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back To Home.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	2804  

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerer View Post
    That is weird. I cannot get the home page to load properly at start up. The three attached pictures are the opening page, then clicking in the menu to open a different page and then clicking Home in the menu to open the home page again after which it displays correctly. I have tried clearing the browser's cache in case that was the problem but it made no difference. I have to go out for a couple of hours now but I will try it on my wife's computer when I get home in case it is a problem unique to mine. Any further thoughts would be very welcome.
    "Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice. I have now opened the web site on three different PCs - one Linux, one XP and one Windows 10 - and, as you said, it works perfectly. The problem therefore, must be with my Windows 10 Laptop on which I maintain the website. Thank you so much for trying it and finding it worked for you, otherwise I would have been scratching around for hours with the web site, rather than looking at the computer. I will now have fun finding out what is causing it. Thanks again for your input, it saved me loads of wasted time.

Chrome ? Cache ? (Chrome does some weird things with cache at times)

press CTRL+F5 a few times to force refresh the browser

press CTRL+F5 a few times to force refresh the browser
    Actually I had tried numerous times refreshing the page in Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera but it still opened as the earlier version of the page until I opened Control Panel and Internet Options. I cleared the cache in there, which as far as I was aware only applied to Internet Explorer. After that, I opened the site in each browser, clicked the refresh button and in each case the problem was solved; each browser now opens at the correct version of the home page. Like Alice said, "Curiouser and curiouser".