Thread: Rollover button help

Smile Rollover button help

Hi
    It has been sometime since i have created a website using NOF15.
    my problem is that my hard disk failed at some point and i lost my original NOF files

i still have the website live but am unable to do the most basic things since i have lost my original files.

for example, the website i am trying to modify is www.uk-fishing-holidays.co.uk what you will notice is the incorrect spelling of Availability on the Nav bar/ rollover buttons etc.
    i modified the rollover graphic png files to show the correct spelling (using photoshop) but when uploading to the the site i still see the old ones even though they are the same size etc.

so i have two questions

1. is it possible to somehow re-import the live site back into NOF15
    2. if point 1 is not possible, how can i change the spelling of the Availability link?

many thanks in advance

You can't edit website files that were published from NOF. NOF only works with it's internal files like the NOD file. In order to change a website file you can use a HTML editor and modify the code in the file page. If you are looking for a specific word, it's pretty easy to find and change it. I don't really use any HTML editors so I can't recommend one. I am assuming this is one page of the site. If it's a repeating master boarder, then you will have to do every page. I am not sure that's a good idea. Maybe a new site is called for.

Just for kicks, you can try to import the file into MS Office, Word and see if you can change and re-save. Word has a limited capability to work with site files and can convert them between .doc files and HTML. Word also has a reputation for changing the formatting of files when you didn't want it to do it.

There are still a lot of NOF users still using Essentials and old versions of NOF. I don't know if they are procrastinators or people who will only buy if they abosolutly need it. But I think NOF 2015 is not long for this world. It has been around for an unheard of 20 years. It may be here for another 2 weeks or may be 2 years or longer, but the end is near. Only one person knows for sure and he ain't talking. For the price it's selling for, it's a steal.
    Last edited by rick6811; 08-21-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Further to what Rick said. For an editor I use Atom (google it) which is a programmers editor. Powerful and extensible, but also simple to make small changes. If it's just what you stated above, Notepad works just fine. When I used windoze (long ago) I used TextPad which is a great and inexpensive text editor with lots of clip libraries with html tags, snippets, etc.

A couple of thoughts: Did you flush your browser cache after uploading the corrected file(s)? Are you sure you uploaded to the correct destination on your server and named the file correctly. Auto-generated files have unusual names, and can be in different locations depending on your NoF site structure.
    Last edited by franko; 08-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks for your reply's guys but I still don't get it?

I use Notepad++ normally to make simple adjustments

The spelling mistake is a rollover button that is a graphic.
    I have modified the graphic, and saved it with the same name to the same location on the server.
    is there something else I am missing?

Also, rick6811 mentioned NOF2015 is not long for this world? I thought this was the latest version? are you saying 2015 will be the last version ever?

thanks