Thread: Turn off assets folder NOF 12

Default Turn off assets folder NOF 12

For my web site, I take snapshots of Excel spreadsheets which I file in a particular folder (not Assets). I then update the snapshots by clicking on the existing picture in page view in NOF. Most of the time this will take me to the correct folder but sometimes later it changes and takes me to the Assets folder which is a waste of time because the new photo is not there. Is there a way of "turning off" the Assets folder? Thanks.

Unbeknownst to me, NOF placed copies of photos in the Assets folder. I haven't figured out why NOF started doing this but it is that copy that apparently causes NOF to look in Assets rather than the folder I store the photos in. I can work around this issue so please consider this post closed.

When you place an image there is a checkbox in the dialog that says, "copy to Assets folder". If checked, that's exactly what NoF will do. If you don't want that behaviour, uncheck the box. Personally, I've always sized and placed images in the Assets folder as a default rather than drawing them from all over my computer(s) and hard drives. Less opportunity for error down the track.