Thread: Search engines?

Default Search engines?

Let me just start with.. I built my site with a very early version of NOF and back then I used newsgroups for support and it was incredible. I had so many questions back then and I received so much help. I have added to my site quite a bit over the years and my site is quite large..

I have always assumed that since I do pretty good with certain searches that I have done a good job and outside of updating my site I never do anything else.. Search engines see my updates ? But today as I finished an update I was thinking, maybe there is yet more I can do or should do.

I started looking into sitemaps? Not positive I have that set for the best possibilities. When I added /sitemap.xml to my url the dates look old ??

www.jlfurniture.com

Any advise on improving my success with the search engines would be grateful... Thanks Joel

I haven't used the sitemap generator in NoF for very many years so can't really comment on its up-to-datedness. There are a number of sitemap generators on the web that do a better job. I use https://www.xml-sitemaps.com.

You are a nice familiar face here... I turned off the NOF sitemap and created my own online... I guess the only way to upload it is through a ftp program ? Which is what I just did. NOF cannot upload it ? I am guessing that every time the site is updated a new map would need to be created ?

Only if you add new pages. If you make changes to existing pages, then there's no need to update the site map.