Thread: Various Problems Related to Migrating to NOF 15

Default Various Problems Related to Migrating to NOF 15

1. I created a website with NOF 12, but when I upgraded to WIN 10, it would not run in WIN 10; it still doesn't.
    2. Meanwhile since I needed to update my website, I used Macromedia's Contribute 3 to update individual pages which worked fine.
    3. Since the NOF 12 .NOD file in my computer no longer reflects what is actually on the website, IS THERE A WAY TO DOWNLOAD THE WEBSITE AND
    CREATE A TEMPLATE FROM THAT USING NOF 15, OR DO I HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH TO RECREATE THE WEBSITE?
    4. IF I DO HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH, SINCE IT LOOKS LIKE NETOBJECTS WILL NO LONGER UPGRADE NOF, ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW WEBSITE
    DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM THAT IS RELATIVELY MANAGEABLE LIKE NOF WAS AND THAT WILL BE AROUND FOR A WHILE?
    Much thanks for any help anyone can provide. Let me know if you leave any comments at rocin7@gmail.com
    Renerod

Coffee Cup Site Designer is the one I've settled on, although I've also developed a site in Joomla recently and may well use that as my default program as long as I have server access to install Joomla.

Try WYSIWYG Webbuilder they offer a free trial so you can see if it suits you, http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

3. Since the NOF 12 .NOD file in my computer no longer reflects what is actually on the website, IS THERE A WAY TO DOWNLOAD THE WEBSITE AND
    CREATE A TEMPLATE FROM THAT USING NOF 15, OR DO I HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH TO RECREATE THE WEBSITE?
    And to answer your 3rd question. No, there isn't. Not really. You have to start from scratch. You can cut and paste from the live site into the new one so unless your web site is huge it's not too onerous a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Renerod View Post
    DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM THAT IS RELATIVELY MANAGEABLE LIKE NOF WAS AND THAT WILL BE AROUND FOR A WHILE?
    Much thanks for any help anyone can provide. Let me know if you leave any comments at rocin7@gmail.com
    Renerod
    there's nothing like NOF, though the Germans are crazy about Mobirise. I'm not so sure, but maybe you could give it a try. the starter version is for free.