Thread: NOF 2013 crashes when Exporting as a Template

Default NOF 2013 crashes when Exporting as a Template

I'm exporting a site as a template (as I do all my sites periodically) and after verifying assets, optimizing and then saving to an external drive, Fusion 2013 crashes. When I try to re-load the site it tells me that Fusion detected an unstable file and now will recover your site.

I don't know why this is happening for this particular site. I don't copy/paste directly from Word or other media. I always paste from unformatted text. So it can't be from that. How do you trouble shoot something like this? Any thoughts?

My other sites have been exporting as a template just fine. This one won't.

Thanks in advance!

What pages have you added or amended since the site was exporting ok? Copy those pages to a backup folder. Then delete those pages one at a time from the site and each time export a template. You should find the page that is causing the problem. Then recreate that page from scratch. The other deleted pages you can simply copy and paste back into the site.

Thank you for your reply Franko!

I just tried saving this particular site again as a template … I verified file assets (OK) .. then Optimized (OK) … then saved the file to a template (included the profiles too) .. this time it WORKED!! I have no idea why it wouldn't work the last 10 times I tried it.

Anyway .. thanks for the advice! At least I'll know what to do in case this happens to my other sites!!