Thread: Sending form data to server: changing cgi-bin folder doesn't work, success page issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sending form data to server: changing cgi-bin folder doesn't work, success page issue

Hello.

I want to save inserted form data to a servers's database.
    When posting (or getting) it the server's cgi-bin folder is (always) used by NOF to save the cgi script file (action = "../cgi-bin/welcome.php").

1) Now I cannot find a solution to change this script folder by NOF settings. It does not help when specifying a cgi alias (s. manual page 485 (German) or page 513/514 (English))! How can this be changed?
    Remark: I want to work with a php script instead (so that this NOF version should support php as well). Unfortunately my apache does not allow to start a non-cgi script within a 'cgi-bin' folder!

Furtheron after pressing the send button e.g. a SEPARATE success page is always loaded (which executes the specified script file in the cgi-bin folder like www.domainname.de/cgi-bin/welcome.cgi or .../cgi-bin/welcome.php).
    2) Where can this be changed by NOF settings? So isn't it possible to show the success messages e.g. in the same (form) page on top by a little phrase?
    Is this really hard coded at NOF7.5 ??...

Thank you very much for your help!
    Last edited by Falco; 12-09-2018 at 08:30 AM.