Thread: Program crash unable recover .nod and .bak files

Default Program crash unable recover .nod and .bak files

Using NOF 12 in a Windows 7 VMWare virtual machine.
    The program crashed, and NOF12 is not able, so far, to recover the prime .nod file, nor any of the .bak files.
    Is there any other recovery protocol. I don't have a current backup on a remote storage device.
    Thank you for any suggestions.

Do you mean that NoF is unable to open the .nod file? If it can, then export a template immediately. I assume you don't have any exported templates? In that case try copying the existing.nod file to another location, copy the latest .bak file to the site location (where the .nod file was), rename it to .nod and try opening that. Failing that, without any templates or backups, you'll probably have to rebuild the site - not a particularly onerous task if it's not too big a site; you have all the assets already in your site assets folder.

Thank you for reply and recommendation. Tried to restore a recent .bak file, but NOJ12 wouldn't load it. I have an older version .nod file that will load, and that might be an easier base for reconstruction. We purchased NOJ15 upgrade several months ago, but have not yet used it. This may be a good opportunity to use it to create a whole new site. Incident also reminded me about making regular remote backups.

And make sure you export a template from the working version of the site. DON'T just copy the .nod file and open it but do File -> New Site From Template and open the template you exported.

Is there a .nod log to view so I can see where crashing? I was in the process of Exporting to Template for the NOF 15 and did try to remove some bad links.

OR

Is there a log file of the NOF12 that I can see?

My other web site .nod's work fine.

Some thing is corrupted. If you can export to template other nod files, then it appears your .nod file crashing is corrupted. Can you local publish your nod that is crashing? If no then nod file is toast. If yes, then you have something in probably the links that are not all in the asset folder are a problem. There are no log files in NOF.