Thread: Windows 10 and NOF 2013

Default Windows 10 and NOF 2013

Hi,

Have not used my NOF 2013 for some time but now it will not run at all. Double click the .exe and nothing happens. This is in Windows 10 which I presume is not compatible with this version? Any ideas if this can be rectified?
    Thanks,

George

I have been running NOF 13 on windows 10 since Win 10 came out without a problem.

Check if Java Runtime installed? I have has JRE (1.8)

Default Java

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    I have been running NOF 13 on windows 10 since Win 10 came out without a problem.

Check if Java Runtime installed? I have has JRE (1.8)
    I have Java installed but does NOF not have its own Java version within the software?

Thanks for replying - much appreciated.

Edited this to say I have the latest version installed and enabled. Just to confuse things further it appears in Task Manager that NOF 2013 is running. Of course I cannot see anything of the programme but Windows says its running. Thought it might be my Bitdefender protection but have disabled that and the result is the same. Nothing to be seen.
    Last edited by GeorgeM; 1 Week Ago at 04:33 PM.

Go back into Task Manager and kill off the NOF process. There could be more than one NOF process going at the same time. Then try to start NOF again.
    Last edited by rick6811; 1 Week Ago at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    Go back into Task Manager and kill off the NOF process. There could be more than one NOF process going at the same time. Then try to start NOF again.
    Hi,

Tried that but with no luck. Each version is all the same result. 10, 11, 12 and 13. Windows says it is running but nothing visible.

Really don't know what it is clashing with or stopping it.

If I were in your situation with win 10, I would use virtual box and load win xp or win 7 as a guest virtual machine and install NOF on win 7 or xp. Win 10 is just going to get worse with time. Nobody knows what MS is going to do with win 10. My guess is that win 10 will begin to look like a totally different OS than the X86 compatible OS we are now familiar with. Soon than later, most apps won't work on win 10. Only the apps from the MS store will work.

I have xp x64 host installed on a few computers. On each I have dos 6.22, win2k, win xp, win 7, win 8.1, win 10, ubuntu 18 on the computers as guest OS. I can run anything from the last 35 years on my computers and I don't care what MS does in the future.

It may help to reinstall NOF. It may be corrupted. You may have a virus or some malware too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	os.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	2816
    Last edited by rick6811; 1 Week Ago at 07:56 PM.