Thread: NOF 2015 - Cleaned PC, deleted old NOF versions now can't open NOF 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NOF 2015 - Cleaned PC, deleted old NOF versions now can't open NOF 2015

1; Yesterday I updated and refreshed my personal web sites using NOF 2015
    2; Decided to then clean up my Windows 10 PC and removed NOF Versions 12 and 2013 that had been sitting unused since August 2015, when I upgraded to NOF 2015
    3; Today I turned on PC and went to open NOF 2015 and got an error message: "The serial number entered for this installation is invalid. Please obtain the serial number from your registration card and reinstall or contact customer service."
    4; So now I don't have an earlier version of NOF on the PC and the program will not open NOF 2015 which I have been using for three years
    5; I have been a low end user of NOF since late 1990's for my own personal web sites (4).
    6; I have my serial numbers for NOF versions 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 2013 & 2015. NOF versions 7, 11, 12, 2013 & 2015 are all upgrade serial numbers, but not sure about the earlier versions
    7; I originally downloaded the NOF 2015 upgrade from NOF website and don't have a disc with the program

Please, can someone explain how to get NOF 2015 working again, without losing any of my latest 2015 USER websites.
    PS: I am thinking of buying a new computer this year, how will I get NOF 2015 onto that PC?

With thanks,
    Don
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.ozcarnut.com

Thanks for your prompt reply rick6811,
    Yes, I had both NOF Vers 12 and Vers 2013 on my PC when I downloaded and installed NOF 2015. Makes sense that it looked for the earlier version to upgrade from but after three years I would have thought it OK to remove the old, out of date version? Otherwise there should be instructions to never remove old version???
    If I uninstall NOF 2015 how do I obtain a new download without purchasing again? Where can I download NOF 2015?

Thanks, Don

If you don't have the 2015 NOF installer anymore, maybe someone else that frequents this site will be able to furnish a download for you. Hang around and someone should post something here or they may just send you a PM with instructions how to download.

I never tried it but you could reload the old version you had on the computer and maybe that may fix it.

Ah, that may help. Hadn't thought to look before, but after your prompt I looked in my downloads and found NetObjects-Fusion-2015.exe (Application, 283,768KB) from August 2015.

However, I am a bit hesitant as I don't know what will happen if I run this application? Will it just try to over right existing NOF 2015 (which probably has updates), or will it not run at all? If I uninstall NOF 2015 will the application install NOF 2015 and update to latest version or download patches etc?

Bit nervous about what may happen so wouls appreciate advice from someone who has actually done this.

What you need to do is back up / copy everything in your site folders in the My Documents folder. You should have made templates previously but you can't do it now. You could try installing over the present one but I never do that. I always remove and reinstall. Any updates will probably be gone.

You said download patches. When did NOF download patches? You can download the 2015 updates off the NOF site.
    Last edited by rick6811; 01-19-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks for the sound advice and clear guidance rick6811. Saving backups of everything to do with NOF 2015 is a very good idea. Luckily, as part of refreshing 3 of my 4 sites yesterday I created new templates for them. The last site will have an old template, just not sure how old.

I can't remember where to find the templates? Any idea where they are kept?

I threw in the theory of patches and glad to hear there are none. Hopefully when I reinstall NOF 15 it will update itself.