Thread: Non Responsive in Windows 10

Default Non Responsive in Windows 10

Since using this software in Windows 10 it has become non responsive and an endless task to create pages and upload.

On each and every page created the software goes into delay. Can only be released by continual use of the Task manager.

At closing site, the time taken to close can sometimes be up to 5 to 10 minutes.

Can find no reason in Windows 10 why this is happening. Memory usage not a problem. Processor not a problem with Intel i5. Only issue I can think of is I am running a 64 bit process and the NOF15 is showing as 32 bit. But this has never been a problem before.

Any thought would be appreciated. Don't want to move away from the software as I have used NOF for some 15 years or more.

I can only state that although I use WIN8, I have installed WIN10 on another laptop and can just NOF2015 withut any issues on that laptop.....and it is set up as 64 bit.
    Is it installed in Program files or program files (X86)?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gprit View Post
    I can only state that although I use WIN8, I have installed WIN10 on another laptop and can just NOF2015 withut any issues on that laptop.....and it is set up as 64 bit.
    Is it installed in Program files or program files (X86)?
    Thanks for the comment. Cannot really understand why it should be so unresponsive. It is a new system.
    To answer the question you posed, it is installed in Program Files (X86). This is where I would expect the installation.

Hopefully NetObjects will see the post and cast some light on the failure.
    Unless I solve the problem, I will be seeking a refund from NetObjects.

Unhappy NOF15 keeps dropping out and losing the unsaved entries.

I did solve this problem from the original post after purchase BUT have had a rebuild and can find no way to overcome this again. One cannot work on a web site for fear of drop out. Every time it drops out, changes not saved are lost. This is frustrating and time consuming.
    There must be a bug in the system somewhere that causes the problem.

Regret whilst the last post I made elicited no response from NetObjects. Do hope they react this time. I have tried all the trusted changes like reloading the software.

Nof15 was made for Win7 and earlier, try Win7 and it will work perfect, 24/7

Nof is no longer updated for any later OS and you are at your own risk if you use an unsupported OS

I am not sure if you get a refund since nobody is left at the company

I have moved on to other software which makes responsive websites

Quote Originally Posted by Derekr View Post
    Regret whilst the last post I made elicited no response from NetObjects. Do hope they react this time. I have tried all the trusted changes like reloading the software.
    Try disabling the autosave function (where NOF saves the file every time you change pages). This might speed things up. Just remember to consciously save your file after significant changes, and of course before you close.

As Anton says, there's no support at all now apart from this forum, so long-term you will need to move on to some other software.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekr View Post
    This is frustrating and time consuming.
    There must be a bug in the system somewhere that causes the problem.
    The logic that apps like NOF has problems working on win 10 because of bugs in NOF, escapes me. How can software (NOF) that works on win 2k, win xp, win 7, and sometimes works on win 8 and 10 have bugs that prevent it from working on win 10?

Win 10 users that constantly blame apps for not working on win 10 haven't seen anything yet. Everyday software makers are quitting trying to keep their software working on win10. Win 10 is a moving target that changes 3 or 4 + times a year by the forced downloads and "upgrades" by Microsoft. At least half of the upgrades are trashing windows computers because MS won't test the upgrades enough and when they trash computers their fix is "it will get fixed sometime next year" ?????? Next year??????

What MS seems to be doing purposely is driving independent software houses from making unapproved software. MS wants software houses to make software for the MS store where MS will make money from sales of all software used on windows computers. MS wants total control over your computer and they will get it when your computer becomes nothing but a dumb terminal to run windows and apps from the MS cloud. Nothing but connection software will be on your computer. At least that's what MS would like to happen.
    Last edited by rick6811; 01-22-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    other software which makes responsive websites
    thankful for you not promoting other applications on a NETO forum-still I'm interested in which one.

I use Mobirise (free) with the optional code editor $80 (a must have inclusion)

you will find that my site https://www.videoproductions.com.au/ works well in desktop, tablets and phone and autosizes to browser size

thank you.