Thread: Import Site from Remote

Default Import Site from Remote

I am attempting to import my website from Remote: File > New Site > From Existing Web Site > Remote. It then requests me to put in my Remote Home Page, and no matter what I put in here it doesn't work.
    Does anyone know how this path should be filled in, ie. what it should look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wilson View Post
    I am attempting to import my website from Remote: File > New Site > From Existing Web Site > Remote. It then requests me to put in my Remote Home Page, and no matter what I put in here it doesn't work.
    Does anyone know how this path should be filled in, ie. what it should look like?

When attempting to recreate a Fusion site project from existing html pages you should first download everything from your domain host to your hard drive.

Then select File > New Site > From Existing Web Site >

Make sure that you have the "Local" radio button selected, then click the Browse button and navigate to where you have your web site downloaded on your computer and click on index.html

Enter in your domain name in the input box and press OK

Fusion will then try to create a database of your pages. There may be some clean up necessary after it completes recreating the project file
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Banned

Hi,

I'm trying to o the same thing. How do you download your website onto your harddrive? Thanks for the instructions.

Also, I'm having rouble with seting up a photo gallery. The problem I'm having is that when I open up the page view (Photo page views), tey have moved from where I centered the picture in the layout area. I will carefully reset all the photos centered on the pages and when I go back even without closing NOF, they have moved again.

Thanks, Sue

Quote Originally Posted by sujema View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to o the same thing. How do you download your website onto your harddrive? Thanks for the instructions.
    You would use FTP software, log on, and download everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sujema View Post
    Also, I'm having rouble with seting up a photo gallery. The problem I'm having is that when I open up the page view (Photo page views), tey have moved from where I centered the picture in the layout area. I will carefully reset all the photos centered on the pages and when I go back even without closing NOF, they have moved again.

Thanks, Sue
    You may try placing a layout region then putting the component within that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layoutRegionTool.gif 
Views:	499 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	48
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

If you need an FTP program, Filezilla is a good one, easy to use and free Get it here: http://filezilla-project.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wilson View Post
    Most (probably) web servers these days use a shared IP address for web sites. Used to be dedicated IPs, but the Internet is rapidly running out of IPv4 addresses.

The New Site form Existing Site Remote doesn't work with a shared IP.

Either download the site files using an FTP client or get HTTrack (www,httrack.com). It can grab your site and download it for you even on a shared IP.

Chuck
    BeyondFusion.com