Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens with NOF15 and running scripts or Active X

Default What happens with NOF15 and running scripts or Active X

I have a website running but something weird is occurring with one of the pages. I am running NOF15 under Windows 10, Internet Explore 11 is still on the PC but is not used at all, it was only used years ago when there were teething problems with Microsoft Edge.

When I publish the entire website or a selected page. on completion what appears is a weird page made up of components from the overall site, text & photos etc. On the bottom of the page a note appears saying 'Internet explorer restricted this web page from running scripts or ActiveX controls' alongside this note there is a button and written on it is 'Allow blocked content', press the button and everything appears Ok.

I have run the Web Page from the Local publish folder on the PC and everything works fine, put it up on the Server and this weird page appears again. I have tried deleting the contents of the folder on the server and refreshing the contents of Local publish on the server then upload again but the problem re occurs.

I have no knowledge of running scripts or Active X, the current version of Java is installed also, the website is very basic.

It would be appreciated if someone can come up with a solution.

Thanks in advance

Try this: Go to tools > options > current site > general tab > site generation > scripts > if 'asp' is chosen change to 'php'. There could be other stuff going on some where else.
    Last edited by rick6811; 02-13-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    Try this: Go to tools > options > current site > general tab > site generation > scripts > if 'asp' is chosen change to 'php'. There could be other stuff going on some where else.
    Thanks for your prompt reply, but the scripts is already set to 'php'. At least I learnt something I did not know that section of NOF 15 existed.

It sounds like asp scripts or asp.net code is being generated somehow and the hosting co. servers are erroring out because most hosting co. servers can't process asp and generate garbage code. Don't know what would cause it specifically on your computer. If you are using a page generated by other software and you are attaching it, that may cause your problem too.

Could IE have become the default browser?
    Something on your server could have changed causing strange problems. If you have another browser, try it. What is the url?
    Last edited by rick6811; 02-13-2019 at 02:51 AM.

It sounds like asp scripts or asp.net code is being generated somehow and the hosting co. servers are erroring out because most hosting co. servers can't process asp and generate garbage code. Don't know what would cause it specifically on your computer. If you are using a page generated by other software and you are attaching it, that may cause your problem too.

Could IE have become the default browser?
    Something on your server could have changed causing strange problems. If you have another browser, try it. What is the url?
    No pages generated by other software and attached. Windows 10 is showing the default browser as Microsoft Edge. What I have found, check this: Go to tools>application>preview and the field 'Select previewing default' shows Explorer 11.316 could this be the problem? But, I have been unable to add anything else I'm not sure what exactly has to go in the fields when you press the Add button I've entered 'Windows 10' & 'Microsoft Edge' pressing the Browse button doesn't show any indication of what I should look for.

if you wish to look at the problem the URL is www.murrumbapistolclub.org select 'Affiliation' and you should see a scattered page.

I checked out the site, I don't see a problem. Some thing else is going on which may include IE 11. What happens when you upload the site and choose Edge to render it. NOF may not recognize Edge as a browser. If you install Firefox you may be able to load it's name into NOF. But don't remove IE. NOF uses the IE engine to do some stuff for NOF.
    Last edited by rick6811; 02-14-2019 at 03:11 AM.

I checked out the site, I don't see a problem. Some thing else is going on which may include IE 11. What happens when you upload the site and choose Edge to render it. NOF may not recognize Edge as a browser. If you install Firefox you may be able to load it into NOF. But don't remove IE. NOF uses the IE engine to do some stuff for NOF.
    Now I'm confused by the fact that you can't see the problem and we are both accessing the same server. I've printed and scanned the correct page and the problem page, is there any way I can send this file to you. What browser are you using? If you can only see the correct page then it appears to be that the problem is at my end. My apologies for this chaos?

Well, I took another look and I see what you are referring to but I don't get any errors other than a screwed up page. Looking at the 2 screen shots, it looks to me that you have multiple problems with how the pages are formatting. The master boarder looks odd to me unless that is how you want it. Nothing is centered. The "Affiliation" page looks to have overlapping objects because of a format problem with how they were made. The right side of the page looks like it's not right??? The page size and boarders don't look right?? Instead of trying to fix the page, it may be easier to just remake the whole page. I would remake just part of the page first so you can judge if you are on the right track to fixing the problem.

I replaced my Edge browser 5 minutes after I first used it. MS has admitted publicly a few weeks ago that their browsers are screwed up and they were going to go to Chrome in the future. I would really load Firefox or Opera browsers and use them to judge your site. I think IE and Edge are contributing to the strange things happening on your site pages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 02-14-19 at 10.02 AM 001.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	2822

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 02-14-19 at 10.02 AM.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	2823
    Last edited by rick6811; 02-14-2019 at 06:50 PM.

I agree with what you say about remaking the page. I have no hesitation in admitting that I am a novice with NOF.

Before I commence remaking the page I would like to bring to your attention that the neither of the 2 images you included are the correct image of the page. I would like to send you the correct image in case more is required than remaking the page. As I said I am a novice, could you please advise how you sent you images.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Sorry, I just don't have the time for direct involvement in making websites. If you have not discovered the NOF Wiki, you should. It tells you in plain simple English how to use NOF. After 15 years of using NOF, I still refer to it. It is invaluable. There is no reason to use trial and error to do something when there are clear tutorials showing how to do stuff. Good luck.