Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happens with NOF15 and running scripts or Active X

page looks fine in IE 11, crap all over the place in Firefox.

What have you got in the site where you need to specify "This website is best viewed with Internet Explorer"? IE is no longer the browser of choice and you shouldn't do anything at all to prevent visitors using their browser of choice.

have you tried deleting ALL the files from the server, then doing a local publish and using Filezilla to upload the site? I have never been over happy with NOF's ability to upload a site.

I understand and appreciate what you have done for me. I was not aware of NOF Wiki and I certainly will look it up.

Thank you for all of the assistance and time that you have given me, and I apologise for the inconvenience that I have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by firstbas View Post
    I understand and appreciate what you have done for me. I was not aware of NOF Wiki and I certainly will look it up.

Thank you for all of the assistance and time that you have given me, and I apologise for the inconvenience that I have caused.
    No problem. My time is limited. I hope you get it straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    I have never been over happy with NOF's ability to upload a site.
    I have been using NOF to upload sites for over a decade and never have had any problems uploading. I don't know why some people on here think NOF is a problem. I upload to my own servers and not to the other half baked hosting companies out there. That might have something to do with it.
    Last edited by rick6811; 02-16-2019 at 04:13 AM.

Have you tried deleting ALL the files from the server, deleting all the files from Local Publish Folder and then publishing again?

What have you got in the site where you need to specify "This website is best viewed with Internet Explorer"?

Trying to help you, but if you're not interested then fine, I have other things to do too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    Have you tried deleting ALL the files from the server, deleting all the files from Local Publish Folder and then publishing again?

What have you got in the site where you need to specify "This website is best viewed with Internet Explorer"?

Trying to help you, but if you're not interested then fine, I have other things to do too.
    Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. Yes I have deleted all the files from the server, and deleted all the files from Local Publish Folder and then published again. I upload with Filezilla, always have. Where I have placed the 'This website is best viewed with Internet Explorer' was bought about by a routine obtained from one of the sites that have a range of routines etc. the routine I downloaded worked well with Explorer but crashed the site with Firefox or Chrome, I contacted the person that created the routine and they just said 'don't know ask the browsers' did that but got know reply. You're right and I'll remove that notice.

In your first reply you mention that the page looks fine in IE 11, crap all over the place in Firefox. That page on question in my system is crap in both IE11 and Firefox, I noticed that you are in SA, I'm in QLD, is there any way I can send a scanned copy of the correct page and the crap page to you.

Thanks once again for your reply.

First, remove the routine and see if that eliminates the problem.

Second, republish, AFTER setting site to Publish "flat".

I also suggest you rename your pages with all lower case.

I would also delete the affiliation page and recreate it. It has multiple problems, not just the carousel photos appearing on it but also no menu bar. BTW, where are the Master borders set on this page? maybe thta's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by firstbas View Post
    Now I'm confused by the fact that you can't see the problem and we are both accessing the same server. I've printed and scanned the correct page and the problem page, is there any way I can send this file to you. What browser are you using? If you can only see the correct page then it appears to be that the problem is at my end. My apologies for this chaos?
    You can share that file via email or google docs or you can also use this GB WhatsApp to send this file easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    You can share that file via email or google docs or you can also use this GB WhatsApp to send this file easily...
    I think that kind of files can't be share by email or any other service...

Because I think this type of files are stored in your hosting CPanel storage