Thread: Publish Log?

Default Publish Log?

So, when I do have a "publish entire site" situation, something that I try to avoid at all costs, I very carefully watch the little progress window and I, inevitably, see a whole batch of things being deleted. Is there a publish log of some kind that I can view to see exactly what was deleted? The progress window is way too fast and trying to check a huge site with lots of documents is just not feasible.
    It always does the deleting in the beginning so, if there is a way I can access a visible record of what it has deleted it would be really helpful.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rick.hege; 02-28-2019 at 10:59 AM.

When software is running processes, they create temporary files and folders to store data during its operation. When done, software will delete those temp files because they are no longer needed. If the software didn't delete these files, your computer would get clogged up with junk files that would slow your computer down. The software is doing you a favor. Some software doesn't delete their temp files and they require you to delete them. Run the "run %temp%" command from the run command and you may see thousands of junk files in your computer that just keep on increasing.

There are process monitors that record every command the cpu executes, download one of them if you still need to see what is happening. Nothing nefarious is going on.
    Last edited by rick6811; 02-28-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Oh, I am well aware, it is just that NOF has this really bad habit of occasionally also deleting document files that are still linked and they just disappear and have to be uploaded again. (Truth)
    Will the process monitor allow me to look at a record after things are done? That is the issue, I need to be able to tell, after the fact, if NOF has deleted a legitimate file.

If you are that concerned about what NOF is doing, you need to stop using it and use some other program that you can trust. I have been using NOF for about 15 years and it has never deleted a file it should not have.