Thread: Page Security

Default Page Security

I am in need of securing pages within my site. I have been reviewing the help files and have been reading about adding the Secure Page Component but cannot seem to locate the function within the Custom Components menu.

Is this function not available in the Essentials version?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ken8795 View Post
    I am in need of securing pages within my site. I have been reviewing the help files and have been reading about adding the Secure Page Component but cannot seem to locate the function within the Custom Components menu.

Is this function not available in the Essentials version?

Thanks!
    The secure site component was not available when Essentials was released so it is not available natively to that product

What type of security do you need? What will you be putting there.? Who will be using the secure pages? How many people?

You can achieve page security in a number of ways from a simple javascript (not very secure but keeps the punters away) to server side passwords, to a full database driven user authentication system.

So let us know what you want to end up with so you can be pointed in the right direction.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Security Needs

What I am looking to do is to provide users with a single username and password which after entering they would be redirected to a specific secured page.

What I am looking to do is to provide users with a single username and password which after entering they would be redirected to a specific secured page.
    You "should" be able to set up a password protected folder using your web hosting control panel. This would allow you to use a single username/password for all users. Contact your web host for exact details (each one will be different)

If you want something more complex, you are looking at a user authentication system. A simple one is available in Fusion 11 or you can write your own in any dynamic language using any database to store the user credentials. Access would be through permissions and cookies.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Ken,

I use password_protect.php from Zubrag [ http://www.zubrag.com ]. Easy to set up and maintain and it allows multiple users if required. Free too.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

I have a Fusion 11 template available (not free) that uses PHP sessions and a MySQL database for security.

Simple to implement and can be extended with additional features.

www.beyondfusion.com/html/securelogin.php

Check it out.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

site and site pages security is very important because if you don't do this then I think your site can be hack as I am also using site page security for this gb WhatsApp page.

Default купить елку

Вот это реал...уважуха...*еспект!
    такую пихту фразера можно https://subscribe.ru/group/remont-otdelka/17227424/ спб с доставкой на дом.