Thread: Visually Impaired Feature?

Default Visually Impaired Feature?

I read that a lot of websites (thousands) are being sued because they are not visually impaired compliant. Is there a feature currently that can be used to make Fusion sites compliant…or any planned updates to address that?

Thanks
    Brad

It's a dead product - no more updates.

My one remaining site is unsuited for the visually impaired anyway - it is just examples of my photography.

I just paid $75 for a dead product.

The best you can do on your site is give each picture an alt-tag that describes it. That seems to be acceptable because the visually impaired software reads it as "graphic" if it doesn't have an alt tag.

Brad

I have never heard of this "law" concerning visually impaired usage of web sites. If this is an European Union thing then that makes sense. I block all European IP addresses on my servers. So do a lot of other sites. Those people are just getting started with their ridiculous laws that threaten all sites even outside there boundaries. They seem to have a problem with anything that derives from the US but also includes every body else.

Windows has features that help the impaired. If all any body needs is a magnified view of a site, <ctrl> scroll wheel can make everything on a page bigger or smaller. I use it to adjust the font size which on some sites is very small. Changing the screen resolution changes the size of everything that's on the screen.

If the Europeans don't stop with the crap requirements they are dumping on web sites, they won't have any web sites to look at in the future. They seem to think they are entitled to all web content for free under their terms and conditions. Not!

To all the NOF bashers, why don't you go some where else if you don't like NOF. What exactly is your point if you have one? No one is making anyone use NOF. Trying to poison everybody's opinion of NOF is stupid. I still think NOF is a good usable product. I will keep using it as long as browsers will render it's html correctly. I use many older and obsolete software products that have no current update. Most of them work better than newer similar software products do.
    Last edited by rick6811; 03-26-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Not a European thing. This is real. A simple google search will bring up lots of articles about how companies are being sued for big bucks if their websites are not compliant. My question was a serious one. Here is just one of the many articles that describe it. https://www.wsj.com/articles/lawsuit...nd-11550415600

In case you can't read all of the WSJ article if you're not a member. https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...111-story.html