Thread: Back box on Publish is not an option

Default Back box on Publish is not an option

When publishing the site the box to check for backup is grayed out - won't let me check the box. Therefore, when I exit it gives me the error message that my site isn't backed up. However it does save the UserSite info (with updates) in my NetObjects folder in my Documents.

How do I change my settings so it creates a backup when I exit?

Thanks again for the assistance.

Brad
    Last edited by Brad1345; 03-24-2019 at 10:36 PM.

I have no idea what exactly has caused it being not enabled. But usually what causes this kind of behavior is either something is corrupted or something was chosen (some option choice) that makes this not usable. The easiest way to fix this might be to reinstall NOF which would reset everything to default value and may fix it.

If it's a prior chosen option that negates using the selection, then you might have to go back though the menu items you chose somewhere and see if changing a check box or radio button unlocks that checkbox and makes it usable again. This could require a lot of time.

I can't think of any reason off hand why the software would want to stop backups. So I think it's more likely but not guaranteed that reloading software may be more likely to fix the problem.

Do you have other sites that you can check for this setting? Can you make a one text line one page website and see if that setting is greyed out?
    Last edited by rick6811; 03-30-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions, Rick. I will give them a try!

Brad