Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reinstalling NetObjects Fusion 2015

Default Reinstalling NetObjects Fusion 2015

My version of NoF 2015 (an upgrade from 2013) (Order No. 300078702, Date 30/05/2015, Customer No. 70188122) has somehow managed to lose it's serial number and provides me with the following message when I try to start it:
    "The serial number entered for this installation is invalid. Please obtain the serial number from your registration card and reinstall or contact customer service."

The only way to contact customer service appears to be through this forum, hence this post.

I have downloaded the most recent version of NoF 2015 (update #1) & have tried to install it, but the installation does not get beyond an error message saying:
    "This update requires NoF 2015. Please install NoF 2015 and try again or you can choose auto update during the NoF 2015 installation."

This appear contrary to the advice provided on the website - ie :
    "What versions of NetObjects Fusion can be upgraded to NetObjects Fusion 15?
    You can upgrade to NetObjects Fusion 15 from any version of NetObjects Fusion! The NetObjects Fusion 15 installer will automatically search for a previous version installed on your computer. If the installer does not find a previous version installed, you will be prompted for your previous versions serial number."

If the installer I downloaded prompted me for my previous version's serial number, I could provide it - & I could also provide the serial number for my current NoF 2015 installation if it was required.

Help - I am stuck between installations & installers

All you need to do is uninstall nof 15 and reinstall it. It will ask for 2 serial nos. if you don't have a licensed previous version. I suspect the previous version is no longer there or the serial no in the previous version got corrupted.

That doesn't work with the most recent version (Update #1) that can be downloaded from the NetObjects website.

As I stated above, you just get an error message saying: "This update requires NoF 2015. Please install NoF 2015 and try again or you can choose auto update during the NoF 2015 installation."

The only way I can see this working is to get a copy of the full version (ie not an update) of NoF 2015 - and I can't see any way to do that except by buying it.

Further to my previous reply, does anyone know where the serial numbers are stored by NoF 2015?
    NoF 10 stored them in a registry entry, but I can't see any similar entry for NoF 2015.

You are confusing UPGRADE Nof 2015 (which is paid for) and UPDATE #1 NOF 2015 (which is free) You need a FULL version of a prior version (paid for) and the UPGRADE version of nof 2015 (also paid for). The update is free and is not used to upgrade a prior version. The serial no. for UPGRade is stored in the help menu if it is loaded on your computer.

There is also a FULL version of nof 2015 but it costs more than the upgrade version and you don't need a prior version (paid) to install it.

Apparently you are trying to use a nof 2015 update #1 to upgrade to nof 2015 from a prior version and that won't work. You have to pay for the upgrade. You need the nof 2015 upgrade installer that you bought and the serial no. for that upgrade installer.

It appears you don't have the correct installer or the serial no..

Edit: The serial no is displayed in the help menu but where it is actually stored is probably only known by the programmers. I suspect it's hidden in one of the many .dll files in the program folder. .dll files are not easy to open and view their contents.
    Last edited by rick6811; 03-27-2019 at 12:40 PM.

OK, bit of history: I've been a NoF user since Fusion 10 & have upgraded since then, eventually to version 2015 (all of which paid for).

I have the serial numbers for version 10 & all the upgrades I bought - and I have now found the copies of all the related installers, so I will now proceed with installing the 2015 upgrade again & then update it.

Thanks for the help - it prompted my memory cells to start working properly.

But do you have the serial no for the 2015 upgrade? You did not mention that you had that too.

Yes, I have the serial no for the 2015 upgrade, have now completed the process successfully & it all works again.

Thanks again.

Hi,
    Im trying to reinstall Fusion 2015 on another pc. I'm puting in the previes web master's info (name, serial number and Business name). Then i'm asked to put in previus serial number, witch I've done.
    However I get an error message saying that the serialnumbers can't be verifyed and that I should contact the support. - And here I am
    What should I do, please?

Let's be clear about what you are trying to do.
    If you are trying to 'reinstall' the software on another pc different to that which it was originally installed on, you are not 'reinstalling' it - you are installing it.
    You therefore need a full copy of the software, not an upgrade copy - or, alternatively, a full copy of the previous version which you install before attempting to install the upgrade version.