Thread: Replacement software for NOF? It sure ain't Mobirise, X5, or Coffee cup!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Replacement software for NOF? It sure ain't Mobirise, X5, or Coffee cup!

I have come to the conclusion for myself that nothing at this point replaces NOF. Heresy I say? No!

If I want a responsive site (at this point I don't), I will just make a lower res copy of my big res site. How long can it take to build a 10 to 15 page site to low res? A half a day? 1 day? Maybe 2 at the most? NOF still does everything I want it to do and if it doesn't I have other software to make special pages to call and fix any short comings of NOF. WYSIWYG web builder does some things better than NOF.

These other software builders are nothing more than a never ending bunch of templates that you change to your liking. They could have a thousand templates and I don't think they will have the exact right one any body wants. If you can get close, that's it. Where are the tools like pix boxes, text boxes, all the other tools?

Mobirise has more things in the websites that are built that don't work right than I ever seen before. I never saw so many people on their forums with an unbelievable number of problems with their software. Stuff just doesn't seem to work right. And what about the 100's of links in the software back to Mobirise servers????? Mobirise is not free. It's a sham. What they really want users to do is buy their whole package of extensions for about $180 every year. They are really running a subscription but won't admit it. And that over priced HTML editor they sell to novices is like giving a 3 year old a loaded gun to play with. When did web site builders go back to wanting to change HTML?????

Coffee cup software is better software but is some what expensive and they are template based. I don't like templates very much. Yea, I already said that. And do you like working with object programming with classes, constructors, wrappers and containers? You have to be kidding me if people off the street know what this stuff really is.

There is a lot of other software companies out there and most are subscription and template based. I have been buying WYSIWYG web builder and most of their upgrades and it is probably as close to NOF as it gets. But it has some very good capabilities that NOF doesn't have. So I use it when I need to.

So every body can choose what they like to use to make websites but I am getting damn tired of people bad mouthing NOF. If you don't like NOF, just go away. We who like NOF are tired of you.
    Last edited by rick6811; 04-13-2019 at 11:49 AM.