Thread: Wondering on color

Default Wondering on color

OK so we are developing a website that is centered in the middle. I have a White background on the left and right side. What is the procedure if I want to change just the outside left and right color? Again now it is white maybe I would like to use a burgundy color. I do not want the color to go across the entire page just the outside left and right. I may have a picture in the center part of the main website. I was thinking we applied the color into the background in site styles but it seems to bring that shade of red throughout the entire site not just on the left and right only.

I went into the selectors in site styles and under background on all 3 tabs i choose just the red color but only on the left and right columns I believe that stands for. Not the top or bottom or the whole page just the left and right and so far nothing those areas are all white with my background picture in the middle of the site working and looking good. Been awhile since I have been up here maybe I forgot allot of things.
    Larry

Set the overall color you want on left and right in Layout properties.

Place a layout region the width of your main content and set its background color to white or whatever.

Place your content in the layout region.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Set the overall color you want on left and right in Layout properties.

Place a layout region the width of your main content and set its background color to white or whatever.

Place your content in the layout region.
    Ok Sorry I need some clarification if you do not mind may seem stupid but I want to be sure.

"Set the overall color you want on left and right in Layout properties."
    The layout per page does not have a left and right just the tab for background in general, not sure what you mean by left and right in that area?

"Place a layout region the width of your main content and set its background color to white or whatever."
    I understand about making another layout region.... I would have to do that for each of my pages? Or is there as way to do that globally? Since I have content already on certain pages can the new layout region be placed over top of the content and then sent to back, so the content comes back through? Think there would be an easier way, especially in site styles where under selectors and then background you could just tell it to do left and right only with the color you prefer?

I was using your terminology re left/right. Setting the background color for the layout is for the entire page.

A layout region is a container. If you want one on every page you create, make a page to model other pages from and then copy and paste the page in site view with a new page name to add the new page.

No, you can't suck existing content into a new layout region. But you can cut that content, add the layout region and then paste the content into it.

The left/right background settings you wish for don't exist.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Larry5000 View Post
    OK so we are developing a website that is centered in the middle. I have a White background on the left and right side. What is the procedure if I want to change just the outside left and right color? Again now it is white maybe I would like to use a burgundy color. I do not want the color to go across the entire page just the outside left and right. I may have a picture in the center part of the main website. I was thinking we applied the color into the background in site styles but it seems to bring that shade of red throughout the entire site not just on the left and right only.

I went into the selectors in site styles and under background on all 3 tabs i choose just the red color but only on the left and right columns I believe that stands for. Not the top or bottom or the whole page just the left and right and so far nothing those areas are all white with my background picture in the middle of the site working and looking good. Been awhile since I have been up here maybe I forgot allot of things.
    Larry
    Without a detailed picture of what you intend to do, it's impossible to suggest some possibilities. Words like "maybe" or "just the outside left" or "may have a ....." don't cut it. You can't change the background into multiple colors. But you can put colored shapes (graphic rectangles, boxes, etc.) with or without text in those layouts to give the illusion that the background has different colors. If you are clever, you can do a lot of things that end up looking like it's something else when it isn't. Putting two separate layouts side by side or separated can have different backgrounds in each.
    Last edited by rick6811; 06-30-2019 at 08:52 PM.

OK maybe it is all good now using another layout region at least it seems to be for now, thank you.
    Larry