Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: changes between NOF 12.0 and NOF 15

  1. #1

    Default changes between NOF 12.0 and NOF 15

    I plan to update to NOF 15.0. Are there lists of:

    1) New features in 15 vs 12
    2) NOF 12.0 bug fixes
    3) Current bugs in NOF 15

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    nothing is updated on either version, there is no more support. I have moved on to use a new software

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    nothing is updated on either version, there is no more support. I have moved on to use a new software
    he wants to up*grade* from release 12 to release 2015.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    He may as well stay with Nof12

  5. #5

    Default

    Why should I stay with NOF12? Are the new features and bug fixes in NOF15 minor?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Michigan USA
    Posts
    104

    Default

    The most interesting function of NOF 15 is HTML5. I have no idea if NOF 12 has it or not. If you want more info, go to this page; http://netobjects.com/html/website-design-software.html

    If you want more current software that works a lot like NOF, try WYSIWYG Web Builder 14. It is so similar to NOF you may forget it's not NOF when you use it. For $60, you cant beat it. Try for 30 days free. And there are lots of training videos for free. See this page where all the videos are listed. https://www.90secondwebsitebuilder.com/videos.php

    You can use it's layout grids to easily make responsive sites. Quite a few former and current NOF users have gone to that software including me. If you get the urge to try Moribise, good luck.
    Last edited by rick6811; 07-12-2019 at 01:31 AM.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    nothing is updated on either version, there is no more support. I have moved on to use a new software
    Anton, what is the new software you are now using and is it as WYSIWIG and full featured as NOF?
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    the software I use makes mobile friendly pages and it is called Mobirise, the program is free but you need to buy the Code Editor Extension in order to anything serious, yes it is WYSIWIG
    Nof sites get punished by google because they are not responsive

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    The most interesting function of NOF 15 is HTML5. I have no idea if NOF 12 has it or not. If you want more info, go to this page; http://netobjects.com/html/website-design-software.html

    If you want more current software that works a lot like NOF, try WYSIWYG Web Builder 14. It is so similar to NOF you may forget it's not NOF when you use it. For $60, you cant beat it. Try for 30 days free. And there are lots of training videos for free. See this page where all the videos are listed. https://www.90secondwebsitebuilder.com/videos.php

    You can use it's layout grids to easily make responsive sites. Quite a few former and current NOF users have gone to that software including me. If you get the urge to try Moribise, good luck.
    I've just upgraded to NOF 2015 from 12, because I've now bought a 64 bit new computer on W 10. I'm not happy and wonder about this Web Builder. One question, can my existing sites be easily migrated from NOF 15 to this programme. I don't want to go from the frying pan to the fire.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmeyers View Post
    I plan to update to NOF 15.0. Are there lists of:

    1) New features in 15 vs 12
    2) NOF 12.0 bug fixes
    3) Current bugs in NOF 15
    I’ve just bought a new laptop because my 16 years old Dell XP finally became so slow it was going backwards! I now have W10 and I hate it! But that’s not the reason for this note.
    I decided to upgrade NOF12 to 15 because I thought it was designed for 10, and now I find it wasn’t. The way I use NOF, there is no difference at all from 12 to 15, except that my new laptop is fantastically faster than my old XP. I successfully templated all my websites to the new machine.
    I have worked on my sites for three weeks without a problem, but yesterday the text and picture inspectors’ properties pallets refused to open.
    Without them I’m done for, and I don’t know what’s happened. I’ve tried everything I know, and I can’t find anything on the forum either for this particular problem.
    As a alternative resort I am considering having the whole of my old XP program put on my new machine as a virtual machine, which will enable me to use NOF12 and other programs, like Photoshop and Capture 4, but employing the new processor speed of my new machine.
    I would advise anyone considering using any version of NOF on W10 to be very careful, and if you don’t need to do it—like I had to do, to get a new faster computer—leave it alone like the plague.
    If I can’t get help in this forum, I will have to dump NOF, who I have been with since #2, in favor or another similar type program.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger; 02-19-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •