Thread: NOF15 Win10 cannot publish photos - access denied

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NOF15 Win10 cannot publish photos - access denied

I'm working on my site and every time I try to post photos from my database, there is an error message: "access denied." I've seen others being told that this is due to not having migrated from an earlier version via a template.

I inadvertently did not save my web site file as a template. I uninstalled the previous version of NOF 13 when I installed NOF 15 and no longer have the install file for NOF 13.

Is there some way to fix this? My business site is crippled without those photos.

Thank you for any assistance

do you mean the picture gallery?

if so, delete it and add it again

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    do you mean the picture gallery?

if so, delete it and add it again
    No, not a photo gallery. Photos that are part of a database page set. The parent page is a MS Access database list of clients with a small index photo of them. The child pages generated by the database are for each client, with information and more photos for that client. It worked fine prior to the conversion to NOF15.

You have a Windows problem. When files are not transferred the way Windows wants them, you get stupid errors like this. Try starting NOF by running NOF as administrator. That may get rid of the problem. Right click the NOF start icon, and click on "run as......".

Quote Originally Posted by rick6811 View Post
    You have a Windows problem. When files are not transferred the way Windows wants them, you get stupid errors like this. Try starting NOF by running NOF as administrator. That may get rid of the problem. Right click the NOF start icon, and click on "run as......".
    Thank you. Tried that, made no difference.

Have you restarted your computer since this problem started?
    You can also try to go into file or folder properties and change the security for it. Adding rights like write if not already there for the SYSTEM account etc.
    Last edited by rick6811; 07-14-2019 at 04:19 PM.