Thread: YouTube embedded video

Default YouTube embedded video

Having a problem embedding YouTube video's in my web site, some work OK others will not. The ID seems to be the issue.
    If the ID format is xxxxxxxx an example is yQU9e-ZKRTw it plays OK. If the ID is formatted as xxxxxxx=xx an example BQoPfGCvnXs&t=9s
    it will not play, just get a black screen and an error message. In both examples allow embedding is ticked on in the advanced properties. Any ideas?

Default Work around found

Quote Originally Posted by JonH View Post
    Having a problem embedding YouTube video's in my web site, some work OK others will not. The ID seems to be the issue.
    If the ID format is xxxxxxxx an example is yQU9e-ZKRTw it plays OK. If the ID is formatted as xxxxxxx=xx an example BQoPfGCvnXs&t=9s
    it will not play, just get a black screen and an error message. In both examples allow embedding is ticked on in the advanced properties. Any ideas?
    Found a work around! In YouTube videos select the video you want to embed, click on ‘Share’ then click on ‘Embed’ and use the ID that is displayed in the code. The example I had, BQoPfGCvnXs&t=9s becomes BqoPfGCvnXs ….works for all the videos I had a problem with.

that is actually not a workaround, it has been the correct way for some time now