Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-Install 2015 on a new Windows 10 workstation.

No. Just the one version I originally installed in 2015

serials with a U, like yours NFM-1500-U are upgrade serials from an earlier version, so you need to find the serial from the version you had before Nof15 (U = upgrade) (R = Retail)

Somebody needs to put a stop to this flagrant abuse of intellectual property and copyrighted material. Somebody owns the rights to this software. Passing around Serial/key numbers on the official forum site of NOF is unbelievable. Making downloads of the software itself is also unbelievable. Who gave anybody permission to make downloads available? If this was my software, my lawyers would become very busy.

I have not seen any proof that this software has been put into public domain.
    Last edited by richs; 09-05-2019 at 07:46 PM.

I agree with you re serial numbers. That's simply piracy. Unfortunately there is nobody running these forums any more, just as there is nobody running the companty any more. People have paid for the program, I see no problem with making the installers available.Indeed, I was doing so before the people at Netobjects abandoned ship, and they never had a problem with me doing so. Frankly I doubt they can even afford lawyers any more.

Well the old NOF crowd might be gone, but from what I am hearing, the person who started Koken now owns Koken and NOF. Whether he cares or not what goes on here is unknown. He is a world traveler photographer so he probably doesn't have much time to police his assets. But if the day comes when he does care, and sees what is going on, you are putting yourself into a not a very good position.

You have nothing much to gain by allowing downloads, but you could have a lot to loose. I have a lot of the software too, but I am not going to allow downloads of it until someone with the rights tells me I can do it. And I might still not do it anyway. If people can't hold on to software they buy, why should I go to the trouble to let them download it? I'm not their mother.

Also, if you do a search for NOF "serial numbers", you will get a bunch of links. Most of them probably don't work but some of them might. When people come here saying they lost their installer, did they or did they never have it? Did a friend give them a serial no. but has no software or did they download a serial from the Internet?

I really think if NOF would have crippled Essentials much more so decent web sites made could not be used, NOF might still be here. I think the company lost thousands of sales because Essentials worked so well. Now the software is being downloaded for nothing. It seems like the killing of NOF is still happening even when NOF is already dead. It's like beating a dead horse.
    Last edited by richs; 09-06-2019 at 02:05 AM.

For your information - I purchased NOF15 (order number 300088428) so there's no piracy from my point. If NOF had a proper tech support desk I wouldn't have needed to contact the forum. As for me posting a serial num I simply misunderstood Anton's note.

Since you published your serial number and you still refuse to edit it out of your post, it would not surprise me at all if this forum doesn't get a whole bunch of "I lost my installer, where can I download the software" requests.

WOW! Rich.

Koken is as dead as NOF, no matter who "owns" it.

Try clicking the hekp link from Koken site and you get http://support.desk.com/system/site_not_found

Try installing purchases from the Koken store and the instal process hangs, nothing is installed.

The only one making $ from NOF now is Nexway AG, who continue to sell the product. I wonder what they do with the proceeds?

Yes, I know Koken died long ago, like about Feb. 2019. Whether a product is commercially dead is totally irrelevant. YOU DON'T STEAL ANOTHER PERSONS PROPERTY, PERIOD. i don't want to make a morality issue out of something on a forum, but when I hear stupid attempts to rationalize stealing, I will.
    Last edited by richs; 09-08-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    Yes, I know Koken died long ago, like about Feb. 2019. Whether a product is commercially dead is totally irrelevant. YOU DON'T STEAL ANOTHER PERSONS PROPERTY, PERIOD. i don't want to make a morality issue out of something on a forum, but when I hear stupid attempts to rationalize stealing, I will.
    well said, Rich.

BTW NetObjects Inc., whoever that is now and whoever owns it now, still sells copies of the software. also someone runs (and pays) the server which is necessary for the Online View. and there is a German website still running too.