Thread: My PC died with NOF15. Can I move NOF 15 to the new PC?

Question My PC died with NOF15. Can I move NOF 15 to the new PC?

I've replace my old PC with a new one. It works OK but insufficiently so for business. I can pull the HDD, but simply want to find out if I canmove the installation. Will NOF authorize a new key or ?????

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

NOF does not use activation servers so you just reinstall NOF on the new computer. Make templates from your existing sites and import them into the new NOF install. If you don't have templates already made or can't make them now, just move the site folders to the new pc into the MY Documents folder or it's equivalent. Use old key. If you don't have the key it is in the NOF help menu on your old pc.
    Last edited by richs; 12-04-2019 at 01:37 AM.

I had to reinstall windows. I have found my serial number and I need a Fusion 2015 full download. Can someone share a download so I can reinstall

I have a similar. I have been using NOF for a many years and Ver 15 since it came out. All of a sudden I can not add photos to my web site and also can not post. I feel I need to reinstall and that brings up the subjects of Templates. I don't seem able to do that and have just ignored the issue.

It is a rather large site so I don't want to mess anything up further. I imagine if I just reinstall over the existing site I could easily mess things up further. Any suggestions?

dsolmes - PM me and I can provide NOF2015 install.

Arbormanjack - You need to explain your problem further. Is NOF2015 installed and running ok? Why does that affect Templates? Have you previously exported your site to a .zip template? If so then it should install again from that. Once you have that .zip template backup you can re-install NOF and just open it.

Thanks for responding. I know that I needed to explain further so here goes.

As I said I have been using NOF for a long time and mostly the site has worked very well and suits my purposes. In the process of trouble shooting I have moved the site to an old laptop and get the same response. At first I had been messing around with security and changed a bunch of passwords that Google was storing for me and I had a lot of passwords I was using on more than one site, others vulnerable to hacking and so forth. I set up a few for 2 step verifications and removed a lot of websites from the google list. Somewhere along the way I discovered that Microsoft had an even longer list of password for me and my wife. I read some security sites and find that a lot is happening that the general public does not know about.

Everything seemed to be working fine and I tried to upload a single page. got a message (could not connect to Jackmcnary.com ). Did not think too much about it but then when I tried to load a photo, Got past opening FTP for a second or so and then got a similar message saying could not connect to www.jackmcneary.com.

At that point is when I wondered if it was a glitch in the software. Since I then loaded the program in an old lap top I got the same message. However in the laptop, I was able to add a photo to a page on the screen. Earlier I found I could load a page that was already saved on the computer, but a new photo did not load. All of this means I can not update my web site.

Now a second issue is that for some reason which I never got around to resolving is that I can not save to a template. I used to go to File, save to template, and I would run that but I had a lot of photos that were not linked properly and I never could get the Template to save. I have lots of folders and I suspect whatever I do will be tedious. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

First of all...Templates...I presume you mean File/Export as Template? NOT save as....
    SO it seems you problems are not so much NOF as lost passwords.
    Can you connect to your site using FTP Filezilla? If not the hosting company may (should) be able to assist with the FTP password to connect.

I should try Verifying Assets and deleting / replacing any not present (ie 0 bytes). This may be one reason why you cannot export a Template.
    Even if NOF transfer fails you could still do a LOcal Publish and transfer all files via Filezilla.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by graham1947 View Post
    First of all...Templates...I presume you mean File/Export as Template? NOT save as....
    SO it seems you problems are not so much NOF as lost passwords.
    Can you connect to your site using FTP Filezilla? If not the hosting company may (should) be able to assist with the FTP password to connect.

I should try Verifying Assets and deleting / replacing any not present (ie 0 bytes). This may be one reason why you cannot export a Template.
    Even if NOF transfer fails you could still do a LOcal Publish and transfer all files via Filezilla.

Hope this helps
    This sounds like it might do it. I will check it out. Can not get back to you for about 15 says..... traveling
    Thanks so much.

I have a similar problem. I have a registered copy of NOF 15 and have just bought a new computer. Unfortunately, it does not have a CD drive. I raised a report to NOF direct but have not had a response. Can anybody please supply a link to download an install file? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by walnutlodge View Post
    I have a similar problem. I have a registered copy of NOF 15 and have just bought a new computer. Unfortunately, it does not have a CD drive. I raised a report to NOF direct but have not had a response. Can anybody please supply a link to download an install file? Thanks in advance.
    there is no more support at Nof

if you email me, I will send you a download link, you will find contact details in my signature