Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Templates - can anyone help me please?

Default Templates - can anyone help me please?

Evening guys,

It's been a while since I last posted here - hope everyone is doing OK!

I'm looking to redesign my website as the old one is too wordy and looks outdated. When I bought NOF 12 many years ago, I also bought a template bundle, which came with some pretty smart designs compared to the dross that previous incarnations offered as standard.

Unfortunately, the template bundle disappeared when my old PC went bang!

I've got NOF 15, but as I'm a Catering engineer, not a web designer, I really need some decent templates to choose from so that I can try to get something decent up and running - which (hopefully) is where someone can help me out - if at all possible.

I've looked on Google etc with very limited luck, so was wondering if any of you guys may know where I can look at / download any resources for NOF templates, please? Or maybe someone has some that I could possibly buy?

Any help would really be appreciated :-)

I did half expect this place to be deserted, with tumbleweed floating across the screen. I was pleasantly surprised to see that things remain active(ish) though, with one or two names that I recognise from a few years back still cropping up - which is brilliant.

Real shame this ace software is no longer developed or supported. I appreciate other web platforms have evolved and sold well since the final release but it seems like a real waste to have something that made millions in years gone by just tossed onto the scrap heap.

Sad person that I am, I actually looked up the registered NOF Holding Company HQ on Google Earth a few weeks ago, which turned out to be a rented office in a suburban shopping mall.

I also looked at the last set of posted accounts and at the original holding company. Debts aside, this product had a really, really good sales record up until the 2015 version.

Like I said, real shame!

Anyway, if anyone can assist me with templates - old or new, I'd be really grateful.

Take care all, thanks for reading this - and have a Happy New Year :-)

Andy

forget Nof, it is dead

I use Mobirise, it is free and and makes mobile friendly sites you can buy various food themes https://mobirise.com/extensions/dinerm4/

Thanks Anton. Really appreciate the advice.

Andy

I've got most of the templates, I can make available if you want. (Message me)
    But in all honesty you're probably better off following Anton's advice - NOF has fallen far behind with no prospect of catching up.
    Last edited by Trimdoner; 01-08-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Cheers for that Ken.

I've PM'd you.

Cheers

Andy

I've recently found Nicepage and for somebody that isn't a web designer I'd strongly recommend checking it out. I've tried (and used) Mobirise and CoffeeCup but Nicepage is a truly drag and drop graphic design environment with a very easy learning curve, stable and with everything you'd want built in (parallax, html elements, over 2000 modern templates, etc.) I've build two new responsive web sites in a couple of hours each for myself. And you can design from blank just as you could with NoF. And you can output as html, Wordpress, Joomla Windows AND Mac AND online. Check it out.

Hi Franko - I hope you're well, and thanks for the reply :-)

I've kind of decided to migrate from NOF (sob) and have looked at Wordpress over the weekend, which seems just about within my very limited web design capabilities.

Your comments regarding Nicepage intrigue me though. Bear in mind I've been used to zero coding and producing something that works for me in NOF, so SEO etc was all thankfully included. Would Nicepage offer me that too?

I only ask because your footnote saying "And you can output as html, Wordpress, Joomla Windows AND Mac AND online" sounds like I'd be alright designing it in Nicepage, but I'd then need to publish it via one of the packages mentioned...?

Sorry, I'm honestly not a complete thicko, but I had to ask :cool

Thanks Franco!

I just came back here to see how things are going. I still run a website on NOF15 but I'll likely change that at some point. Since my site uses NOF15 and mals-e, I will probably switch to an ecommerce solution like cs-cart.

Anyway, I downloaded the free Nicepage Windows app. I see it does allow you to save as html or upload via ftp. So that seems pretty good.
    I could see using that along with Ecwid for a simple 1 or 2 product type ecommerce website.

Andyrats: Nicepage has Keywords and Description fields for each page under Settings- SEO. I don't know what else you might mean/want though..
    Also, no Nicepage does not require Wordpress or Joomla, it has HTML output which is what you would upload (via ftp) to your web server.
    Last edited by surpl; 01-12-2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I've recently found Nicepage and for somebody that isn't a web designer I'd strongly recommend checking it out. I've tried (and used) Mobirise and CoffeeCup but Nicepage is a truly drag and drop graphic design environment with a very easy learning curve, stable and with everything you'd want built in (parallax, html elements, over 2000 modern templates, etc.) I've build two new responsive web sites in a couple of hours each for myself. And you can design from blank just as you could with NoF. And you can output as html, Wordpress, Joomla Windows AND Mac AND online. Check it out.
    I use different Tools now... Website X5, Template Toaster, Nicepage, Mobirise, Xara Designer

Nicepage is very good, I have only critic regarding CMS support... you need to install plugins in the CMS system and must registrate every site

I do not like that... because of that I use Template Toaster for CMS support, you can make a complete website in it and export it as HTML or Wordpress. Wordpress includes both templates and content. No plugins or registrations needed

https://templatetoaster.com/de

official is still version 7 but 8 is in beta (it includes a number of improvements)

https://templatetoaster.com/templatetoaster-8

Quote Originally Posted by surpl View Post
    Thanks Franco!

I just came back here to see how things are going. I still run a website on NOF15 but I'll likely change that at some point. Since my site uses NOF15 and mals-e, I will probably switch to an ecommerce solution like cs-cart.

Anyway, I downloaded the free Nicepage Windows app. I see it does allow you to save as html or upload via ftp. So that seems pretty good.
    I could see using that along with Ecwid for a simple 1 or 2 product type ecommerce website.

Andyrats: Nicepage has Keywords and Description fields for each page under Settings- SEO. I don't know what else you might mean/want though..
    Also, no Nicepage does not require Wordpress or Joomla, it has HTML output which is what you would upload (via ftp) to your web server.
    Thanks very much for the info and advice, Surpl.

I don't think I made my worries very clear earlier. When Franko mentioned Joomla, Worpress etc, in my naivety I thought that meant having to use another prog to publish the site (didn't realise quite how green I actually am when it comes to web design etc!) but reading whats been said since, FTP is the way I've published previous NOF sites, and Nicepage will do that as a stand alone app, which is all I need really.

Having got so used to just picking up the latest version of NOF, designing what I needed at the time and then just tweaking the SEO and uploading it, I've convinced myself that everything else on the market MUST involve complicated code writing skills - which I just don't have. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that I'm probably just a bit weak on the right terminology :-)

I'm going to spend a big chunk of my downtime this week looking closer at what works best for my immediate and future needs, which is basically a good looking WYSIWYG app that has loads of templates, allows me to edit and tweak the SEO and can be updated easily. If I can sort that out, it'll be time well spent.

Cheers again for the help and advice guys. Really, really appreciate it.

Andy